Neck knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bobbydazzler

Tenderfoot
Jun 28, 2016
mars
Hi all,can anyone recommend a good neck knife for around £20-£30 mark? Been looking online but can't seem to find anything I like.

Cheers

Last edited:

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
And how are we supposed to know what you like the look of since looks are obviously very important for you? :p

I've never found a good knife for cheap though. Cheapest decent knives i know are the Victorinox knives. The other ones just can't get sharp whatever you do, and the few that can, don't hold their edge for more than 5 minutes.

Quality, price, weight/bulk. Choose 2. Just like in all gear. (and in the case of a knife weight/bulk gets scrapped basically :p)

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
what re you looking for?

small, light or both

full hand, 2 or 3 finger?

what sort of steel, carbon or stainless etc.

what sort of grind?

casual or hard use?

do you want uk sales or would you consider overseas custom?

£20-30 won't get you that much but hit £50ish and there are loads more out there

Bobbydazzler

Tenderfoot
Jun 28, 2016
mars
Thanks peaks. I like the look of that olive wood mini Skinner knife,do you have dimensions handy as there were none on the site ?

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Tactical Sgian Dubh from

bladesandbows.co.uk

(sorry, can't paste link) is ok if you like the shape + it was / is cheap - about £12 delivered a while ago. May be a bit more expensive now, but doubt if it's gone up much.

NOT part of that business or linked to it in any way.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I use a little Brusletto Balder as a necker, it punches well above its weight. I would recommend hot-waxing the sheath to make it more robust.

Dave

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I was gonna suggest the op look at the cheaper cold steel stuff like the finn bear....but brusletto balder is probably the best suggestion so far

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
Slightly out of your price range but the Enzo Necker is a good option. You can get it online for £37-40 depending on your preference for wood or micarta scales.

Of course a cheap option is the trusty Opinel. Ridiculously sharp, easy to maintain and very capable knifes that'll probably do everything a 'neck' knife can do.

Last edited:

Bobbydazzler

Tenderfoot
Jun 28, 2016
mars
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Definitley a couple of the suggestions I might buy. I might even buy a couple of them :)

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I have to say I do like Opinels, but I have known the blade to snap, never broken one myself, but my brother got through a couple doing land-work type tasks.

Dave

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
Bobbydazzler,
Dimensions are:

Total length 5 5/8 inches
Blade 2 5/8inches
Blade width at widest 1 1/8

Hope this helps

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE