Neck knife Safety.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
nice knife mate

I usually stick to a folder round my neck though as i dont like the weight/size of a fixed blade

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...Closing this reply with a pic of a post-SBT-workout... :)
attachment.php

Nice bit of feathering there. :)

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Cheers Ruud. I've ordered some 3mm flat leather, and am going to try SCHWERTS METHOD, but if it goes wrong, [a distinct possibility] I'll be using the paracord.
Handy little trick that. :)

[Thankyou Dewi, Goatboy and Chiseller but I am sure my ears will be stuck to the side of my head for many years to come! ]

Last edited:

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Learn from Van Gogh though... stay away from bananas! :p

What is the method called where you carry the knife sideways... ie not vertically, but horizontally?

Is that the safest method to carry a knife?

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Just called a horizontal carry Dewi. I dont know if there is a 'safest method' Someone enlighten us.

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
Groin , heart or neck or even the small of the back next to the spinal cord all good places lol , iv a gerber lmf2 with the leg rig looks ok in black on black bottoms and cant see how wrong this carry can go apart from loosing your balance maybe ,any bushy type leg rigs out there ?

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Groin , heart or neck or even the small of the back next to the spinal cord all good places lol , iv a gerber lmf2 with the leg rig looks ok in black on black bottoms and cant see how wrong this carry can go apart from loosing your balance maybe ,any bushy type leg rigs out there ?

Femoral artery in the leg, could be dodgy.

In your rucksack maybe safest.:D

Oct 23, 2015
Yogyakarta, INA
when go on camping, i always wear mora no 1 as neck carry even when i sleep. only fixed blade i carry.
knife at chest height, when pull out/in make it horizontal.

superc0ntra

Nomad
Sep 15, 2008
Sweden
I usually keep mine in a baldric made out of 5m paracord looped several times. Since I usually wear suspenders and not a belt it's a good option. I also feel I have more control when drawing and I always know where it is.
It also saves me a little work when going back to town and I have to tuck it away.
I never found it to be in the way when chopping with an axe or such.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE