Neat Gas Stove adapter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

garethw

Settler
Hi there
One of the things that has always swayed me away from the MSR Pocket Rocket, is that here in France you can't easily get the gas canisters. While every supermarket has the Camping Gaz version the two 'stupidly' aren't compatible. Why manufacturers can't make universal connections on every day apparatus...beats me.
Anyway I was in a Outdoor store in Reims today and I came across this adapter...http://www.hitchnhike.co.uk/acatalog/edelrid_valve_cartridge_adapter.html
I was so impressed I also bought the MSR Pocket Rocket too, as I'd long wanted one...
Brilliant... now I can use either type of gas, and get a brilliant stove I can find refills for here.
cheers
Gareth

Last edited:

mikeybear

Forager
Feb 15, 2010
UK
Especially as Camping Gaz and Coleman are the same company these days.

Bought a couple a few years ago , Quite usefull when you run out of The coleman type of gas.

MB

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
thanks for the headsup garethw been looking for something like that for ages regards dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE