Naughty corner - theme, requests, bits and bobs, rumours, notices etc.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
For those that aren't yet in the know or have forgotten, the theme at the Naughty Corner this year for I imagine (like last year) Saturday and Monday nights, is 'Medieval'. Noobs take note. :D

REMEMBER NO SHARPS UP THE NC AFTER DARK PLEASE (unless it is wit), BLUNT SWORDS ONLY UNLESS YOU HAPPEN TO BE CHEF. ;)

So, that gives you a very wide time scale to play with so knock yourselves out! No I am not doing a GB this year for Jester's hats, Cod Pieces and George Bush Merkins. "I'm proud to be Amerkin!" "Fool me once and err...... this would be so much easier if it were a dicktatoship" :rolleyes:

I was going with Henry the VIIIth so I need 6 women. :p

Not wanting to go down the Medieval Banquet route, I am currently mulling over the idea of Medieval Mexican one night and Medieval Indian another. That is food wise and should not influence your costume choice, I hate to think!

Last edited by a moderator:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
May I request that those who specifically have Bushlite brand lanterns and are attending the Moot bring them up to the Naughty Corner on Saturday and Monday evenings, fully loaded. :)

Sainsburys Basic Candles, 6 for £1.50 seem to fit them without modding. Don't know yet what the burn is like. I used mine down in Dartmoor at an awesome site a week or so ago and it was excellent.

Not only will these provide a pleasant ambience at the NC but it means we will perhaps be able to do a little gratis promotional filming to help out the family and 3rd World workers that manufacture these by hand. The History, background and current situation of the Bushlite company is an interesting one and I'd say they are worthy of our support. They have also been very generous.

If you haven't spotted the GB for these lanterns, spares and accessories then please check it out. Ends Sunday night!

Last edited:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
And on that note of filming, if you have a good video camera and or skills then I am hoping you can help in producing some Bushmoot vids, skits, promotionals, funnies. etc. I have a few ideas already and we can perhaps help out some innovative and supportive small ventures in the process.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Are you able to bring used or unused vegetable oil that you have no use for? It can be a dribble or gallons, if it isn't going to be much trouble then please bring it along as we can use or recycle it in several ways including in the lighting gadgets I have.

Ta

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
The rumour goes that a certain person can supply a barrel of Mead Ale again this year and maybe a barrel or Poacher's Pocket. No more than a couple of pints of the Ale guys or you will really really suffer.

What is needed is a couple of volunteers to take responsibility for funding it, controlling distribution on an evening and stinging people for coin at cost so they get their money back and a few gratis glasses perhaps. ;)

Ta

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
What does that involve MNH? As a life member of Camra I feel compelled to help but I'm only there the core days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
What does that involve MNH? As a life member of Camra I feel compelled to help but I'm only there the core days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basically it means to be guarantor so that Neil gets paid regardless once hand over has occurred. He will keep the one or two barrels cool until they are needed but they can't carry until Monday. Sensibly there could be a barrel for Friday evening, Poacher's Pocket, and one for Saturday, Honey Mead Ale (As per last year), watch yer ed.

Oversight and coin taking would be necessary as well to recover monies of course. None of this throwing in a fiver and trinking til yar canny stand like or find yer way bak to yer billet without a guide. Each barrel will give over 60 pints. The beer would need to be about £2/pint. Perhaps a ticket or peg system would be sensible. Cap'n Badger et al oversaw this last year so there are able assistants and bouncers.

Last edited:

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
I'm bringing a cask. That's a help the heros donation only thingy. I've not tasted it yet...

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
I have a large fresnel lens capable of focusing the sun to about 1,000'C

Solar death ray? Sound fun? Certainly good for day time in the naughty corner...

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
This is your last opportunity to check out the Group Buys ASAP if you are going to the Moot. Tomorrow will probably be the last day for most things if not already.

Coleman Lanterns 295 Powerhouse
Panel Wipe 5L
Bio-ethanol 5L
FireDragon Gel Fuel 1L
Sawyer Mini filter
Snugpak Hammock with bug net
Snugpak Jungle Sleeping Bag with bug net
Blue Sealing Barrels
MTP Clothing and Waterproofs
Goretex Bivi Bags
Bushlite
MTP GSR bags
Desert GSR bags
Desert Grab bags
Dyneema for Whoopie Slings 2.5mm
Delta Ground Anchors
2oz Sealing Baccy tins
Ration Packs
Fabsil Proofer 5L
Morakniv 162 Spoon Crook/Carving Knife
Cast Iron Burger, Rissoles, pie, muffin etc griller with long handles
25mm 1200Kg webbing for hammock straps
Reflective Paracord
Camelbak Thermobak 3L

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE