Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
Looks like this could be interesting

"Natural World

8:00pm - 8:50pm

BBC2

Had a stressful day? This could be just the thing to help you unwind. It's a gentle, wistful look at the life of the Inuit (once known as Eskimos) and the Arctic wildlife they hunt. We see the snowy world through the eyes of young Apak, who dons his caribou-fur jacket and sets off with his father to learn the ancient hunting skills. Whoever wrote the script is a little too fond of lines that sounds like Inuit cracker mottoes ("To know the land is to prosper", and so on), and there's a side story about a man who carves animal sculptures that felt tacked on, but the footage of the landscape and the wildlife is magical. "

Quote from the Radio Times

nomade

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 8, 2004
Sutton (Surrey, UK)
Thanks Beermonster. I look forward to watching it. The label "Natural World" is a also a guarantee of superb photography...

Let's come back on this thread after seeing the program, on Wednesday and following days, to exchange comments.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
hootchi said:
Yep you're right Bob. Looks like you're in luck CLEM- it was good. :eek:):

Here is the times etc. 5.55- 6.45.

I might watch it again then when I havn't got some annoying flatmate badgering me all the way through. :roll:
Thanks for that :biggthump

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Another great programme, I loved the way they linked shoots of the hunter and the polar bear when doing the same thing.

Why cant there be more programmes like this?

Between that and the tribe we've been spoilt for good tv recently.

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
...... having reminded everyone about it .... I managed to miss it myself! :roll: :lol: The fool, fool! Will have to wait until Sunday now. :shock:

Not Bob

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2004
beachlover said:
What a refreshing program, great photography and no tubby white guy filling his face with chocolate while patronising local people :nono:

Meow!

True though.

brucemacdonald

Forager
Jul 5, 2004
right here
We caught this on the other night and it was excellent - if it is repeated, please take the time to watch.

Nice to see the traditional skills passed on. And the sculptures were nice too.

Best wishes

Bruce

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE