Natural wood spirit..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
attachment.php

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
Here's another I noticed this afternoon.. Ogre face in the centre of image.
eqy9ehy6.jpg

I reckon it looks very similar to someone on here.. But I'm not going to say who, I'll let someone else do it..

Last edited:

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Not a face but a funky pattern on some rocks
PENNINE_ROCK_zpsee6cde30.jpg

I've always wondered what made them, my best guess was some sort of fungus growth.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
the photo was taken a good number of year ago - I seem to remember trying to scratch a bit off but it almost seemed to be 'inked' into the rock, maybe some sort of mineral bloom???

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
I'm really enjoying seeing all your images. But I'm going to bend the rules a bit. How about stone, and rock golems, ogres, whatever you like to imagine they are.

So, here's the first. I went for a stroll up Carreg Lwyd and Carreg Cadno today. Initially I went there to scout out a red sandstone monolith that marks a chambered cairn, but alas, it still eludes me, but that's another story.. I did however, take a few snaps of other funerary cairns, and boulder alignments. This image is another large boulder that I'm sure has been moved into place long ago to point to an important thing, or place.. Anyway, enough waffle..
6ahy4y2a.jpg

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
dugygezy.jpg

I can see many faces in this tree but the most obvious is the lower left branch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE