'Natural living' Festival

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
There is an interesting one day event I've just heard about called the 'Natural living festival' being held in Lanhydrock near Bodmin in Cornwall on the 31st August 2008, to raise money for 'The Global Natural Healthcare Trust'. looks like there are going to be quite a few Bushcraft orientated work-shops going on run by some well established schools, including:

Rachel Lambert - Wild food walks

Geoffrey McMullen and Merlin the Eagle Owl! - Natural awareness workshops and games.

Thomas Schorr-Kon - Tracking and Nature Awareness workshops

James Watson and Alex 'Feathers' Travers - Bushcraft workshops

They are looking for more volunteers to run workshops, so if you interested in getting involved its worth contacting them.

http://www.aarati.co.uk/index.html

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
Interesting. Some of it sounds good. Essentially the bits that don't include Crystals/Energy/Angels in any way....:rolleyes:

I ask you:

lavia-Kate Peters - Angel Therapy Workshop
Flavia-Kate Peters is an ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER®, who has trained personally with, best selling 'Angel' author, Doreen Virtue Ph.D in California. Flavia-Kate is a natural spiritual healer, counsellor and teacher who works with the energies of the angels bringing their loving messages, guidance & healing to her clients. Flavia-Kate also works closely with the healing energies of Reiki & Crystals as well as connecting on a deep level with the unicorns, fairies, and other elementals. She holds regular, nationwide Meditation Groups, Angel Talks and Workshops, and is delighted to include this inspiring event, as part of her 'Angels Everywhere' UK Tour 2008.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Interesting. Some of it sounds good. Essentially the bits that don't include Crystals/Energy/Angels in any way....:rolleyes:

I ask you:

Flavia-Kate Peters is an ANGEL THERAPY PRACTITIONER®, who has trained personally with, best selling 'Angel' author, Doreen Virtue Ph.D in California. Flavia-Kate is a natural spiritual healer, counsellor and teacher who works with the energies of the angels bringing their loving messages, guidance & healing to her clients. Flavia-Kate also works closely with the healing energies of Reiki & Crystals as well as connecting on a deep level with the unicorns, fairies, and other elementals. She holds regular, nationwide Meditation Groups, Angel Talks and Workshops, and is delighted to include this inspiring event, as part of her 'Angels Everywhere' UK Tour 2008.

Unicorns and fairys eh..?

Cheers for putting that up Stuart, will try and get along to it or even help out, if I can. Its in the diary...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I reckon you lot are safe enough about not attracting the Unicorns :rolleyes:

Sometimes events like these are really worth a visit, the ideas (and not just the nutty ones) they generate, can be excellent.

Might be some good kit to be blagged too....natural fibres and the like.

"Mind like parachute....functions when open".....Charlie Chan

cheers,
Toddy

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia

I ask you:

Flavia Kate wants to lay off the medicinal herbs if you ask me :rolleyes:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Unicorn Energy Healing

The unicorns are coming to us now during this time of great change in our world, to teach and show us the gift of unconditional love and the power of healing, through their energies and the energies of the unicorn's horn.

The Unicorn Energy Healing System attunes you to the good and pure energies of the unicorns. The unicorns symbolise innocence, purity, love & goodness of heart, which shows in their aura of white and gold. The unicorn, and especially the horn, possess magical powers consisting of pure Divine energy. By contact with these noble creatures humans can experience the healing of their soul and learn again to hear and see with their hearts.

Even in my darkest hour, when zonked on opiates and clamped in an MRI whilst writhing in pain, that would make me laugh :D

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Well I'm having difficulty reading that page as it seems to be very pale blue text on a dark
brown background so it's a bit invisible unless I highlight the text and read it that way.

Thanks for that link Toddy, I too enjoyed learning about unicorn energy healing.
http://www.angel-lights.co.uk/m_19.asp?g=7

Surely claiming to be in touch with unicorns (and selling services based on contact with
them) is a smidge fraudulent?!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
".....The unicorn, and especially the horn, possess magical powers consisting of pure Divine energy........."

Can you just see the reaction of Bushcrafters and BB'ers who got a look at that horn ? "How many knife scales would that make, then? ":lmao:

cheers,
Toddy

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
I reckon you lot are safe enough about not attracting the Unicorns :rolleyes:

Sometimes events like these are really worth a visit, the ideas (and not just the nutty ones) they generate, can be excellent.

Might be some good kit to be blagged too....natural fibres and the like.

"Mind like parachute....functions when open".....Charlie Chan

cheers,
Toddy

You're right. I am interested - though not at the £25 to get in.....

Rhoda

Nomad
May 2, 2004
Cornwall
www.worldwild.co.uk
Thanks for the post about our festival Stuart. We're trying to include all types of natural living which includes alternative health and healing hence the angels (a little 'out there' I admit but hopefully fun!!)
We're in the process of booking more instructors for bushcraft related workshops and wildlife talks.
The £25 entrance fee.... would cost more than that to see some of guest speakers do a talk on their own and its all for a brilliant cause. Kids go free too by the way.

Like Stuart said we need volunteers on the day and anyone who is interested in running a workshop message me quickly as spaces are running out.

Hopefully see you there!:)

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
I guess anything based on belief is a going to look stupid to someone, but Unicorn and Angel Therapies are IMHO, eminently slap-worthy :slap:. My main problem with these sort of things isn't their lack of provability, it's that they appear to take away from the real star of the show - the human mind.

That said, I'm thinking of starting a workshop based on Darwinian Psychological Principles, it's called Newt Therapy - Find Your Inner Amphibian. ;)

Edit: Sorry, I should have said good luck with your festival. While there are bits that are not my thing, I hope it all goes well.

Rhoda

Nomad
May 2, 2004
Cornwall
www.worldwild.co.uk
Thanks, I hope it goes well too!!
I think it looks a bit heavy on the hippy stuff because they happen to be the easiest things to book instructors for. It will balance out in the next few weeks, lots more nature, bushcraft green living workshops. Just booked a workshop on wildlife photography in fact.

Good luck with your newt psychology!!!!
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've got newts in my garden, they seem like happy little things......wallowing in the mud, swimming in sun warmed water, wriggling around in the waterlilies......I could go for that for an alternative therapy :D ......come to think of it, mud, water, leaves, origins of life... sounds like Bushcraft really :D :cool:

Best of luck with the Event Rhoda.

cheers,
Toddy

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
How to build a Wishing Willow Wigwam that sounds interesting!!!!!

I have a friend who is into the Angel Therapy stuff don't understand it myself but then it takes all kinds to make a world.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE