Nalgene Bottle Question?????

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Right, Im looking into a new cook system and need an answer on some things, does the Alpkit Mi Ti Mug fit the bottom of a nalgene bottle ( 1 ltr type with wide mouth ) and if some very kind sole could measure the bottom of the bottle in mm, that would be awesome help too...

Im planning on making a meths/multi fuel complete cook system, with mug/pot water bottle (that can be used on open fire) with in built meths stove and multi fuel hobo type system....

thoughts and ideas welcome too, many thanks in advance.

Chris.

EDIT.... Next question, now this is opening a can of worms, whats the best small / compact meths stove???

Last edited:

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
The base of my Nalgene bottles measure 90mm and from what I remember they fit on the My Ti Mug.
I have the Toaks Ti pot which is the same size and its a perfect fit on that.
It also fits the Tatonka handle mug.

Last edited:

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
As an aside I also have a Klean Kanteen that fits the pots too. This way I can if needed put that in the fire too.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
The GSI duk jug is another alternative and a bit cheaper. I like the stainless bottle as it allows you to sterilize more water in one go.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
cool,thanks gents, looks like i might be buying myself a steel bottle....:)

i just need to find a meths burner and container for a multi fuel stove to fit all together...:):):):)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
cool,thanks gents, looks like i might be buying myself a steel bottle....:)

i just need to find a meths burner and container for a multi fuel stove to fit all together...:):):):)

I use the Tatonka stainless steel meths stove and it's been bombproof; large fuel capacity, efficient burner and best of all carries the excess fuel safely with no spillage. Great bit of kit.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I use the Tatonka stainless steel meths stove and it's been bombproof; large fuel capacity, efficient burner and best of all carries the excess fuel safely with no spillage. Great bit of kit.

I've got the Tatonka one as well and have to agree with all that Mac says above. Also have a Kleen Kanteen with a Myti mug and use four sides of my honey stove as a stand for the meths burner. It all then fits in a Maxpedition copy pouch.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
I've got the Tatonka one as well and have to agree with all that Mac says above. Also have a Kleen Kanteen with a Myti mug and use four sides of my honey stove as a stand for the meths burner. It all then fits in a Maxpedition copy pouch.

sounds good to me, im after the same thing really but without the cost of the honey stove, ideally the whole lot for £50 all in....

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
sounds good to me, im after the same thing really but without the cost of the honey stove, ideally the whole lot for £50 all in....

Just had a quick google.....

Back packing light do a universal trivet in stainless for £5.99
EBay for a wide mouthed stainless bottle £8.99
EBay Tatonka stainless stove £10.25
I got my pouch for £8.00 from one of the Chinese websites
The only compromise would be a stainless mug instead of titanium for £7.99

Whole set up for circa £41.00 :)

I've got to admit I've not seen that trivit before and am quite tempted!

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I have the backpacking lite ti trivet and it's really good. Fits direct on top of my trangia burner and as a pot stand for my wild wood gas stove and even fits on top of my storm kettle for keeping my brew warm.
Great bit of kit that takes up no room at all.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I have the backpacking lite ti trivet and it's really good. Fits direct on top of my trangia burner and as a pot stand for my wild wood gas stove and even fits on top of my storm kettle for keeping my brew warm.
Great bit of kit that takes up no room at all.

Haha...if you don't work in sales you should! You've convinced me....now to find the credit card :p

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Haha. Got it originally for the trangia then Sam a thread mountainm posted about the wild wood gas stove and used it on that. It was a curiosity thing that made me try the storm kettle but works a treat.
They all go together, I use my trangia burner in my storm kettle when a fire is out, I also use my trangia inside my wood gas stove as a wind shield. Finally my storm kettle fits perfectly on my wwg stove. Damn how anal does all that sound.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Not anal at all, you've given me lots of great ideas there, just had a google and might have a play at making something with some bits of metal and the Dremal!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE