Nag nail

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
That bit down the side of your nail where you get a flappy bit and it rips off then goes sore and tender.

I have done the hot salty water and the pus has started to come out so germolene and a plaster on now. Its been doing my head in for two days that.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
That bit down the side of your nail where you get a flappy bit and it rips off then goes sore and tender.

I have done the hot salty water and the pus has started to come out so germolene and a plaster on now. Its been doing my head in for two days that.

I wouldn't put germolene on it. I'd just put the plaster on it and let it dry out

Jan 22, 2006
uk
I remember Ben Elton saying that you can't leave the bit of skin alone, and end up ripping it back to your armpit!

Jim

haha, i remember when ben elton was funny...actually i remember when jim davidson seemed funny...i watched a youtube video of him recently out of morbid curiosity...comedian? pffff...anyone paying for tickets probably didnt see the funny side.

....anyway - just keep the finger clean and put up with it - it only lasts a day or two. bloody annoying though!

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
SWMBO had a badly infected nail a while back (red line tracking up the limb etc) and I was fairly convinced she was heading towards antibiotics on that one).

However, draining it and then repeatedly soaking in hot disinfectant/water cleared it up within ~3 days. I'd say to keep going making sure it's clean (ie draining freely) and keep going with the antiseptic.

DISCLAIMER - I'm not medically trained, take no responsibility for loss of limbs through gangerene etc ;-)

Cheers,
Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE