N Yokshire day out/over night

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
hi all, just wanted to know who would be up for a day out or maybe an over night jobey in the N Yorkshire area. i dont have an area in mind as i have not had the chance to get out yet since moving.
so if any body is up for it get back to me on p/m me or let me know here.

im thinking maybe next weekend or Feb half term ish depends on work will check 2moz.

any way getback to me if ur up for it thanks chris..............

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
hey up all, thinking of sat 23rd jan for the day and maybe half term when ive got the boy with me.
meeting some local contacts from the site on sat would be great who can make it. i know its a bit short notice but hey life goes on.......
any way keep an eye on the thread and we can arange a place from here.

hope to see some people soon chris.......

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
hope to do some meat smoking and just have a bimble and see whats about. if you want a rabbit or 2 let me know and i will get you some. i want to try tanning the skins to.
im not sure on the area as im new to N/Yorks area im near Thirsk and want to stay local ish if possible, but any mixed wooded area would be good but beggers cant be choosers as they say. let me know if you have an area in mind.

thanks chris.....

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Well that sounds good to me- dont know the area- why dont you suggest a time and place, I will meet you there, anyone else want to join us ?
Would be very happy to buy a couple of rabbits off you. Tanning I know nothing about- very happy to learn.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
hey up bigbear think i have found a place that we could use and you can have the bunnies for nout....... i know nothing about tanning either only what i have read here but want to give it a go, we can try it together.

will p/m you the location mate....

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
whats the crack then who, when, where, why, I may be at a loose end and thirsk is about an hour or so from me. A good spot for a bimble close to you is Goremire Lake up near Sutton Bank.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
hope to meet up at osmotherly ( cod beck reservoir ) and go to a small wood just up the road and do some stuff by the fire. ive got bunnies coming so want to try and tan the hides as best as i can (first time tanning) and smoke the meet. p/m ,me if yopu want the actual location.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
looking at the map it should be ok its in a slight gully with a stream at the bottom infact a bit steep but should be ok. not been there before but the snow should all be gone by now the roads will be fine for sure unless its realy cold again, maybe some ice ????

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE