N.E.S Meet #8 April (Glen Tanar)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pwb

I'm planning on bring some sausages,burgers, rolls, relish etc .
And some homemade pickled stuff ,plum chutney ,red cabbage and eggs.

Got a couple of swedish candles made from old Scots pine if it would be ok to bring them too.

Dug out the old pack and I'm in the process of getting the mildew off it now:eek: before getting the packing done.

Pete.

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Hey folks,

Everything is looking good,

I will pick some bbq stuff up on the way mabey some ribs,

WWC I am getting the gate code from the ranger up there, we can take our gear right to the campsite drop it off then go down to the car parking area. If your having trouble I can easily bring you back up from there in the car.

Has anybody got any last minute questions etc ????

Not long now :):):)

Atb

Craig

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
As well as most of the sharp stuff I own I'll be bringing some blunt stuff, a hatchet which needs a new handle and another which needs a mask, both will need a mask now I think of it, and a tent I've never managed to put up correctly first time around. Any advice or assistance with the above will be gratefully received.

I'll also be bringing far too much cordage, too many tarps, a Polish laavu, Tom - a very enthusiastic 7 year old keen on "learning to be quiet so I can see more nature and learning to climb pine trees" (his words), Monty the jack russell and a mahoosive box of cherry scented wax - carving moulds for candle making and dipping magic biscuits for all... as it's about 10kg!

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Looks like this'll be a good one - I've got someone round to view my house on Sat afternoon which kinda messes up my plans to turn up at some point for this weekend - hope everyone has fun.

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Filling the underfinch right now. Soooo looking forward to it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

And I mean filling.
9y9u9yhy.jpg

Last edited:

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Well, it's a glorious evening. I left the camp earlier as I am babysitting tonight and working first thing. Heading back out after lunch tomorrow but here are a few pics of the set-up in progress

The central fire awaiting the (huge) tripod and parachute. Craig's Soulpad in the background.

hataqa5u.jpg

General chit chat with Nic's Helsport hidden by a tree!

6ema5abe.jpg

Various tarps in the process of getting rigged up

huha3aty.jpg

Inside my Lavuu with tooooo much kit!

runy5eha.jpg

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Well, we are back. I have managed to prize El out of Lawrence's hat,and the unpacking is underway.

Thanks to all for the way you all helped El out when things got tough for her, she loved it, had a great time and wants the autumn meet to be brought forward to late April.

What a great weekend. Thanks again to those who did far more organising and sorting out than I did.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE