Mystery Turds! :-)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Blutack

Nov 21, 2007
Glasgowish
Found in the middle of a tarpaulin covered log-pile, alongside a 10-15cm dished bed of dead Beech leaves. Evidently left by an animal who can't be bothered walking far to go the loo in the night, but who was it?

Many thanks folks!

Blutack

Nov 21, 2007
Glasgowish
That was my first thought too, but I wondered if they were too big for that? Also, the rat poo I've seen before was much darker in colour.

Spaniel man

Native
Apr 28, 2007
Somerset
Quite possibly rat, but could also be squirrel. They look very similar, but you can usually tell by the smell. If you look carefully, there appear to be long grey hairs attached to some of them (squirrel tail hair?) Hard to tell without more context, but it is definitely one of the two..

Spaniel man

Native
Apr 28, 2007
Somerset
Squirrel poo:
squirrelpoo_zps39ac632c.jpg
[/URL]

Blutack

Nov 21, 2007
Glasgowish
Thankyou everybody :You_Rock_. I was really hoping it WASN'T going to be a rat of course. I'll have to get my air rifle sighted in again over the weekend now!

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
My degu's poo looks like that - perhaps a bit smaller, they are kind of ratish but more of a cross between chinchilla and a guinea pig. Although they are more warm climate creatures I don't think they'd survive wild in the winter in the UK

Blaidd

Nomad
Jun 23, 2013
UK
Let us know what it tastes like, rat poo and squirrel poo taste different. Maybe. (My wife says I have mind if a 12 year old)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Quite possibly rat, but could also be squirrel. They look very similar, but you can usually tell by the smell. If you look carefully, there appear to be long grey hairs attached to some of them (squirrel tail hair?) Hard to tell without more context, but it is definitely one of the two..

Awesome series of posts and pictures, thank you for educating me :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE