My year in camping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
You got me thinking now Kit, wacking great big coastline to use as well, so no need to go too far!

There's some lovely stretches of the Cleveland way that run along the coast. Great contrast of moors and sea.

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
Inspiring post, thanks for sharing; I'm hoping to do a lot more camping this year, and this has given me some ideas.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Great stuff CH, great thread. :)

Nice to look back over the seasons like that.

May 2014 deliver many nights out for you (And me :))

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Inspiring post, thanks for sharing; I'm hoping to do a lot more camping this year, and this has given me some ideas.

Thanks mate :)

Replacement photos!jan

Looks great, that's quite a playground you have there! Love the bridge hammock by the way, very comfy looking.

Great stuff CH, great thread. :)

Nice to look back over the seasons like that.

May 2014 deliver many nights out for you (And me :))

Cheers Pete, yeah I'm hoping for more of the same this year. It was very enjoyable looking back through my photo's last night, helped no end by a few glasses of Auchentoshan ;).

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Great pictures mate! I had the exact same new years resolution last year and stuck to it :) spent 34 nights under the stars alast year! :) this year will bring more adventures abroad hopefully!! :D sweden in august!

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Great pictures mate! I had the exact same new years resolution last year and stuck to it :) spent 34 nights under the stars alast year! :) this year will bring more adventures abroad hopefully!! :D sweden in august!

Thanks, 34 that is good going! I managed 24 by my reckoning. Sweden sounds great and all these trip reports visiting Scandinavia have certainly put it on my bucket list.

davidpingu

Forager
Nov 3, 2012
Cwmbran
As said, always a pleasure to read your posts copperhead, yours too John. Very inspirational for a noob like myself :)

I managed a grand total of two overnighters in 2013 but I didn't have enough kit til about September sort of time in my defence.

It's difficult for me to get out much having a young family but my new years resolution is to do at least 1 overnighter in every season. There will be many more day outings I hope though.

Copperhead count yourself lucky you can get the Mrs out too!

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
I have to admit that some of your posts have made my feet itch - loved your Daniel Boone - and got me out there myself.
This thread has made me keen to get out again ASAP!

Cheers John that means a lot. Definitely got out more this year due to the inspiration of this forum.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE