My Space

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rickety-root

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2006
leicester
Another of my anoying questions, I'm afraid, and this one might take a little more effort.

Although I don't have a shed of my own, at present, I am a bit of a 'sheddie' and love nothing more than looking in (and if possible mooching through) other people's sheds, garages and work rooms. Many a dinner time at school, when I've just had to get away from the kids and the classroom, I've spent a fascinating 5 mins mooching through the design technology teacher's store room at the old bits of kit and tools from back in the days when they were actually able to teach skills that entailed more than perspex and pipecleaners.

Now, I think I'm getting to know some of you a little now and I suspect that there is a wide variety of sheds and workshops out there amongst the BCUK community and I think they should be seen - I love catching the odd, ocasional glimpse on photographs when people are showing what they have made or doing a tutorial.

So, heres what I am asking: that you take a photo of your 'work space' - whether it is a state of the art workshop or a tray on your lap in the front room - and post it so that we can all admire each other's ingenuity.

I thought it might be interesting anyway.

I guess I ought to get the ball rolling with my little garage (sorry the pictures are so big - I don't know haw to make them smaller)

IMGP0775.jpg

not terribly exciting, I know, I'm hoping you will all add the excitment to this thread. Though the carrier bag does have a brace of pheasants in that a student gave me at school on Friday and the Celebrations tin has all my leatherworking kit in - what little i have.
IMGP0776.jpg

Notice the make shift work bench - my son's Scalextric balanced on the back of my 1962 series II Lambretta - adds awhole new dimension to using a bench grinder!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Oh, I think you'll find loads of people on here share your fascination with sheds and garages!! I remember going round my brother in laws house and we had to get some tools from his garage. It was like an Alladins cave of kit, I could have rummaged about all day!

In a few years, I hope to have a little shed all of my own!

oops56

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 14, 2005
proctor vt.
Not to pick on you but on you shelf the 2 by 4 should be shorter then put up right on it be under the shelf be stronger as it is now the nails or srews are doing most of the work [ P. S.same on backside 2 by 4 should be on top up right ]

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
oops56 said:
Not to pick on you but on you shelf the 2 by 4 should be shorter then put up right on it be under the shelf be stronger as it is now the nails or srews are doing most of the work [ P. S.same on backside 2 by 4 should be on top up right ]
huh??? what? can you see a picture that I can not? 2x4 where?

rickety-root

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2006
leicester
That's a wicked little space mate, very orderly - is it always like that or did you make a special effort for its first public appearance?

M@rk

Forager
Aug 31, 2005
Purley, (south London) Surrey
rickety-root said:
That's a wicked little space mate, very orderly - is it always like that or did you make a special effort for its first public appearance?
I did just give it a sweep but on the whole things are always in their place. It used to be an out side toilet so it is small and if I don't keep it tidy I can't get in there and do any thing.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Sadly raises hand :(

I've just spotted a Roselli Large Allround on M@rks wall from the helve shape and buckle

My Names Red and I like axes....a lot :eek:

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE