My sleeping system: thoughts and advice welcome.

s'étonner

Forager
Aug 19, 2010
Leicester, UK
I've just finished putting together what could be my ideal sleep system:

- Hi Gear Bivvi Bag
- Karrimor Global 900 Lite sleeping bag
- Army issue sleeping bag liner
- Thermarest Trail Lite sleeping mat
- Army issue tarp

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1771.jpg

Today I went to Go Outdoors and got the Trail Lite Thermarest for 40 quid reduced from 70 as it was a display model. Only trouble is there's a tiny hole on it (see below) and a bit of glue stuff from a label that was previously stuck to it. Any advice for fixing this hole? I was thinking duct tape? Looking online they seem to be going for much cheaper than 70 new anyway so maybe I'm best to return it! :(

IMG_1769.jpg

I also got the Hi Gear bivvi. I was after an Alpkit Hunka but they're out of stock. I'm going to try the Hi Gear as it was 25 quid and packs up really small. I think breathability of the bag could be a problem but I'll see how it goes. Has anyone else here got any experience with this bivvi?

Thanks for reading :)

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Re. the trail lite, no I doubt duct tape will do the job, you would be better off trying silicone sealant waterered down with white spirit (Seamgrip would be best), and then maybe protected over the top with duct tape. But if you end up working out that you didn't get that much of a discount, i'd take it back. That's quite a big hole.

s'étonner

Forager
Aug 19, 2010
Leicester, UK
Re. the trail lite, no I doubt duct tape will do the job, you would be better off trying silicone sealant waterered down with white spirit (Seamgrip would be best), and then maybe protected over the top with duct tape. But if you end up working out that you didn't get that much of a discount, i'd take it back. That's quite a big hole.

Thanks for the tips but I'm definitely going to be taking it back- Just been on there website and it seems the discount I got wasn't just for this specific mat- they've all been brought down to that price! I'm not paying full price for a damaged mat! :cussing:

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Mine has had some major duck/gaffa tape repairs (not duct tape , different thing ) and lasted years, especially combined with bike puncture patches :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE