my second knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
this is my second knife that i have made, i made this out of 5 mill 01, i made this from start to finish from a piece of flat stock.
i added the stipling on this like my first one, as people no me for that because of my leather work, it also makes it more tactile, and grippy like jimping, as well as looking ok.
i no this is not like what the knife makers on here make, but im trying me best, learnt a lot from this one, like dont add the stippling first as when you come to profile the scales out, after the epoxy has set, you will have to do it all again.
hope you like this, any comments are appreciated.

IMG_5178 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_5203 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_5205 by lucky_lee, on
knife and ipad case by lucky_lee, on Flickr
thanks for looking, not to sure what to do with this one, kydex or leather? your thoughts would be great please.

Last edited:

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Good Lordy this man is the finished article
Sheath and knife maker in one package
You are a talented individual and I may well hate you for it in a respectful way of course
Great work

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
You're a bloody quick learner, Lee!.................I think leather without a doubt, and not just because I hate Kydex!.......atb mac

Marmite

Life Member
Feb 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
Beautiful work, I like it.
The only problem I see is that I've thought about trying to make one myself and after looking at yours probably best to just give it up;)
As for a sheath it would look beautiful in a leather sheath with dropper, same colouring as your Ipad cover and a few of those acorns on the bottom:rolleyes:.
Excellent work.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
thanks for the king words guys they mean the world to me, always have, this place has given me so much confidence to try new things. just hope they get better, my ocd drives me potty, have to have everything calliper correct, which when you are learning, is no help at all, but im trying me best, to do the best i can, thanks again.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Lee I think you should send me that monstrosity of a knife and I will make sure nobody has to see it again.
Thats damn sweet mate and for a second attempt you should be seriously proud of yourself.
Anyway you have my address and will await its arrival.

Biker

Lee, you make me sick.

The first one blew me away, and I don't know how you managed it but you've just raised the bar several notches higher with this one. Just superb.

As for what Johnnyboy1971 said above - if you REALLY don't want this monstrosity seen I would advise sending it to another country... France is pretty spacious, Normandy especially. :naughty:

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
As for what Johnnyboy1971 said above - if you REALLY don't want this monstrosity seen I would advise sending it to another country... France is pretty spacious, Normandy especially. :naughty:

Now your just being silly. You can't subject customs to seeing this. Better to keep it where its safe.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Don't believe these mountebanks and blackguards, Lee; the only safe way to take care of the job is to send it to ME!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE