My poor girlfriend...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I spent 3 hours today indoors pulling my hair out as it was raining and my car needs filling up.

To ease the boredom, I decided to practice knot tying... in the living room. When I had finished, I had succeeded in creating one of the worlds most elaborate assault courses, ducking under and over paracord tied to lamps, coffee table legs, curtains and a coffee mug handle.

I did try to take a photo but the dark green didn't show up well enough, just picture 1/2 an hour on an etch-a-sketch and you get the idea.

Anyone else violated their living space in the name of bushcraft and lived to tell the tale?

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
i was using me bow drill in the living room this arvo... my harth is made from Ivy.. its doesnt smell to great, mother want happy!

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
I also tried fire by friction today in my room. Mom got crazy when she saw it! :shock:

I will (hopefully) soon make a room for carving, burning stuff, store gear, etc. A room where I can light matches if I have too and carve things without worrying if mom's gonna freak out. :wink: :roll:

I've also practiced knot-tying indoors. It's fun when it's raining outside and then with cocoa. :eek:):

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Squidders said:
To ease the boredom, I decided to practice knot tying... in the living room. When I had finished, I had succeeded in creating one of the worlds most elaborate assault courses, ducking under and over paracord tied to lamps, coffee table legs, curtains and a coffee mug handle.
:rolmao:

My lot were doing the same thing all this afternoon! Paracord everywhere!!

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
I've been finally shaping a knife handle that I've been doing for a couple of months. It started outside but the rain forced me to stop and then I gave it a go inside. Sawdust everywhere. Oh for a shed.

Bill

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Thanks Tom. It's a Japanese kitchen knife which I got on British Blades but I have a small scandi to do next. I will put pics of both when they are done but it takes a while I've been doing it bit by bit. I will have to do a sheath for the scandi so that will be a challenge as well.

Bill

K

karen

Well, my other half has been putting a new handle on his billhook most of the day. Cheers Jack!! :)

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Isn't it strange that we all practice fire by friction in the house? .... I suppose its as good a place as any to learn but you wouldn't want to go onto making fire :yikes:
I do feel sorry for those non bushcrafty type living with you lot.... hope they get used to the smell of woodsmoke :)

Ed

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
he has a good set always to hand though.. so not so difficult..

i heard it is a good way to give up smoking to.. you only let your self light a cigarette by lighting it with a bow drill :wink:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE