My newest shing knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
Here it is

Shing blade in 3mm 01, with black vulc liners hidden corby's and superb rosewood burr surplied by cod12ie

ebonysheath001.jpg

ebonysheath002.jpg

ebonysheath003.jpg

ebonysheath004.jpg

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
A corby is a type of rivet that comes in two parts and screws together.

benjamin.oneill

Forager
Jan 31, 2006
East Sussex, UK
Nice Shinken,

Is this one a seller or a keeper? Can I be really rude and ask if you've finished? It looks good but alot of people profile their scales a great deal more than shown here. If so I'd be curious as to why you've left it like that? Doesn't look uncomfortable as it is though!

Ben

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
Is this one a seller or a keeper? Can I be really rude and ask if you've finished? It looks good but alot of people profile their scales a great deal more than shown here. If so I'd be curious as to why you've left it like that? Doesn't look uncomfortable as it is though!

Of course you can, Yep its finished. The reason i have profiled it like this is because
of a thread on BB, one of the makers there leaves his handles really square. He says it makes it turn in the hand less.

So i thought i'd give it a go and see! I havent actually left it as square as the guy on bb, i did but it wasnt confortable for me. so i sanded untill it was.

Oh and the blade is 3'' long

benjamin.oneill

Forager
Jan 31, 2006
East Sussex, UK
Shinken said:
Of course you can, Yep its finished. The reason i have profiled it like this is because
of a thread on BB, one of the makers there leaves his handles really square. He says it makes it turn in the hand less.

So i thought i'd give it a go and see! I havent actually left it as square as the guy on bb, i did but it wasnt confortable for me. so i sanded untill it was.

Oh and the blade is 3'' long

What a good idea... and I suppose if it doesn't work, you can just reprofile it. Easier than trying to put wood back on!!

Ben

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
Yep! i was sure it was conmfy, but you put a doubt in my mind so i went back to it and done some carving and splitting for any hour. Definatly conmfy!!!

I think it looks less rounded than it is because i left the back un-rounded and the very front kind of symetricaly squareish (if thats a word)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE