My newest knife with improved sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shing

Nomad
Jan 23, 2004
Derbyshire
This is a bush knife, 110mm long, 4mm thick O1 tool steel blade. Premium grade figured cocobolo handle book matched with red vulcanised fibre liners, 1/4 inch diameter brass rivets, brass lined lanyard hole. The handle is carefully shaped for comfort and control with a flare at the front of the handle to prevent the hand accidentially slipping onto the blade.

Vegetable tanned best quality heavy shoulder leather sheath, dyed British Tan and hot dipped in molten beeswax and Neats Foot Oil for water proofing and durability. The integral belt loop is attached with 3 solid copper Saddlers rivets for strength and to prevent accidental cutting of stitiching. They are soft enough not to damage the blade.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Lovely work as always Shing - like the flare, the wood and the blade! A little less convinced by the rivets but thats because every one always says they need to be lined to stop blade damage etc. That said you have forgotten more about knives than I will ever know, so if you say its okay....its okay ;)

Never did like red fibre (weird with a nickname like Red huh?) but can see how it would work with the cocobolo. I still think vulcanised fibre liners are like Coco Channel dresses - black is never out of style :lmao:

Red (with black fibre liners)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE