My new toy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bumbler

Nomad
Feb 22, 2013
Norway
www.bushcraft.no
I've ben wanting a sit-on-top kayak for years to convert into a fishing kayak, and once even mnaged to drag SWMBO into a kayak shop to show her one....big mistake.
But that same afternoon she let me have a SIB with an outboard engine. She imagined that to be safer...well well, the lass is an inland girl. But her father built river boats, so i do not quite get her fear.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
While kayaks and spray decks are fun, and I have a small tourer, sit on tops are the best for some things. Out on Falmouth Bay and catch a couple of mackerel, great. Or just pootling around until time to return as the sea had got up which involved maybe surfing in up onto the beach making sure the heavy beast tracks straight in. Ocean Prowler 15, a lovely boat but heavy. Plan on a bivvying foraging trip this year using it.

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
While kayaks and spray decks are fun, and I have a small tourer, sit on tops are the best for some things. Out on Falmouth Bay and catch a couple of mackerel, great. Or just pootling around until time to return as the sea had got up which involved maybe surfing in up onto the beach making sure the heavy beast tracks straight in. Ocean Prowler 15, a lovely boat but heavy. Plan on a bivvying foraging trip this year using it.

I do like the look of some of the sit on kayaks but prefer the one I bought. It has two fairly large storage compartments which holds all my bivvy gear and food for at least 3 days. The Mrs quite fancies a sit on one so I think I will get her one as it will inevitably become mine. She won't go in a kayak as she's petrified of capsising. She figures with a sit on she will just fall off instead of having to pull off a spray deck and scramble out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE