My new stamp.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Ok, so my stamp might have been a bit big :rolleyes:

Not anymore, i've just picked my new one up today so i thought i would test it out on a bit of scrap. They will look tidier on the knives as the displaced metal will have been sanded smooth.

I like it., What do you guys think? Better?
P1020275.jpg

P1020276.jpg

P1020277.jpg

Last edited:

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Ill be honest i do prefer the older one and its size... :cool:

Me too cos thats whats on my knife :) in 80 years time when my great granddaughter takes my knife on the antiques roadshow they'll say

"Well what you have there is an early knife from the renowned British Maker Hillbill. You can tell its early as he changed his makers mark at the end of 2012. This means it is now worth a lot more than all the other knifes with the little stamps that followed. I'd insure it for 10 Large"

Seriously though i think its an improvement :)

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Cheers guys.
That pic makes it look a bit crappy to how it is here in front of me, its more clearly defined than the pic makes it look.

I might use the big one for my forge work now i have an anvil. I think it would be just the ticket for axes :)

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Never thought of that ya know, you may have a point. I've got to make a name for myself first though i reckon :D:)

Me too cos thats whats on my knife :) in 80 years time when my great granddaughter takes my knife on the antiques roadshow they'll say

"Well what you have there is an early knife from the renowned British Maker Hillbill. You can tell its early as he changed his makers mark at the end of 2012. This means it is now worth a lot more than all the other knifes with the little stamps that followed. I'd insure it for 10 Large"

Seriously though i think its an improvement :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE