My new look

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
As some folk know, I am playing the part of "Hwel" the Dwarf playwright in the Attic Players performance of "Wyrd Sisters" by the late Sir T Pratchet.
I make sacrifices for my Art - this time in my good looks!
I have studiously let my hair and beard grow from their normal neat No2 clip... to this!
PC100007.jpg
Very hard to keep clean and tidy in the woods and I dislike the fact that everything is growing out curly!- so the clippers will be in play the day after the show closes!
I have put this "Manly" look photo up to contrast with my more infamous theatrical portrait:)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Looking very smart Mr. Fenna, or should I say Hwel if you are going the method route?

Have been letting my chin fungus grow abit too of late, have dug out the old beard beads to keep it from getting in my soup. Only one in today...

WIN_20151210_14_52_38_Pro.jpg

Good luck with the play Sir, I look forward to hearing rave reviews.

TTFN,
GB.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thats almost approaching a manly beard length John - keep it!

Oh and Goatboy- want me to channel my old Aunt? She could give you tips! :)

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Looks Good John. You'll look the part alright. Like your t-shirt Colin. Ive recently got a load of Tshirts with pictures on them....new thing for me.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Thats almost approaching a manly beard length John - keep it!

Oh and Goatboy- want me to channel my old Aunt? She could give you tips! :)

I say old boy, cutting what? I believe that in the modern parlance I should return your rebuke of my facial furniture with something akin to that your mother seems to like it though! ;)

You're right though, its looking straggly in nature. Partly due to a bad trimming, too much grey and being poorly lit from close and below. :D

No offence taken or offered Sir.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I say old boy, cutting what? I believe that in the modern parlance I should return your rebuke of my facial furniture with something akin to that your mother seems to like it though! ;)

You're right though, its looking straggly in nature. Partly due to a bad trimming, too much grey and being poorly lit from close and below. :D

No offence taken or offered Sir.

No offence meant - I always pictured you with a large bushy job suitable for hiding pygmies in :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
No offence meant - I always pictured you with a large bushy job suitable for hiding pygmies in :)

None was taken Hugh. I was only playing in my reply. I've had a beard since about 4th or 5th year at secondry school. They tried to make me shave it off but there was not in the uniform code that meant they could enforce it. It changes from big and bushy to neatly trimmed as my mood takes me, though SWMBO prefers it neatly trimmed. I recently found some of much beard beads and have taken to wearing them again.
Not as luxurious as Bods or Mr. Fennas, and it seems to be growing in heavily lop sided for some reason these days; I reckon its the grey.
Do you keep a fairly full face rug yourself these days?

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
BB doesn't like mine too bushy at the sides but doesn't mind chin length, so I just bought a good set of clippers and let her sort it out. Its long enough to have to untuck from the neck of my T shirt when getting dressed anyway :)

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
That reminds me i seriously need to do something about the wildness of my 'stache, i usually trim everything that hangs over the top lip but i gave that up about 3 months back to see what would happen, i thought it would go handlbar with a bit of control and taming in the right direction but it has also bushed up at the same time, on a bad tash day it feels like i have 2 hippies fighting over a joint on my top lip and the victor wants to run away into the caves of my nostrils

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE