My new little pack axe!

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Yo,

Finished this refurb earlier and I'd like to show you now its finished. It started life in my possession as a rusted, beaten up chunk of steel! It came with a load of other old rusted tools that I restored a while ago.

Anyhoo, it was ugly and heavily pitted, I removed a good hand full of steel from the underside, the top of the blade and the poll. (It looked a bit like the bacho axes) and my goal was to shape it into something more attractive and neat and use it for BBQ kindling and shaping wood for projects.

I rehandled it using the old handle after cutting a few inches off and sorting it all out with a good oiling. I did all the metal work with an angle grinder to cut and a hand held belt sander for the tidying up.

Here it is now..

It didn't have a brand, but it did have 'steel foreign' stamped on it..? Anyway its sharp and takes an edge! I would have put this in the day threads but I only took an after picture!

Thanks for looking!

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Smashing mate! It's gorgeous! :)

I really enjoyed refurb in gam axe, something I'll be doing again, it's great to breathe life into something so practical as a tool! And you'd done a great job of that!

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Thanks dude, I sure do like giving tools a new lease of life! Great fun.

Just in case it isn't obvious the head of the axe is just under 5" long and light weight. The douk douk was there for scale but its done an illusion of making it look bigger than it is! Lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE