My new friend Jax

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Meet Jax. He is our new dog, collected today from the RSPCA rescue centre in Gorseinon. We lost our old dog Solo a few weeks ago when he finally succumbed to old age and his legs gave out, ad those few weeks have been the first without a dog in the home in 20 years, so Jax is a welcome new addition.

Strictly he is my wife Tracy's dog, but I will certainly be taking him on walks and outings. Jax is a six and a half year old terrier cross with a lovely temperament. He will be a pet rather than a working dog, but he certainly won't be a pampered pet. I believe dogs should behave like dogs and not be surrogate babies or teddy bears. Jax will be a friend and companion to both of us.

19182646976_589a9201bb_b.jpg

18586259254_cca5209277_b.jpg

19208735785_2c36d42545_b.jpg

19182688166_da7caf6181_b.jpg

All three of us are delighted.

Last edited:

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Oh, Jax looks fun!! My dog's my everthing, he is treated as a dog bit goes and does everything with me, the best friend a man could have!
Good luck and well done for rescuing a hound in need ��

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Just remembered the other good bit. Jax came with his own dog blanket, which when I checked turned out to be a Witneys 100% wool blanket in pretty much perfect nick beyond needing a clean.

I'm keeping that and he can have a new one! Bonus!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Meet Jax.

Strictly he is my wife Tracy's dog, but I will certainly be taking him on walks and outings. Jax is a six and a half year old terrier cross ..........

With a sheep? :)

He looks loads of fun! Glad to hear he will be treated as a dog. Those who act as though animals are people are being horribly cruel (as well as nauseating)

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
With a sheep? :)

You can go off some people you know. :)

He has been great so far. He obviously is a dog who needs company and a bit of affection as well as more exercise, but so far he has been delightful. Fully house trained and he knows all the basic commands and is compliant and gentle. I can't stop grinning :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE