My new damascas bushy by mick1991.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

chris123

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2016
norwich
Tbh I'm just grateful for his work. The knife has already performed held its edge and fits like a glove. I'm a very happy camper.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I'm confused will someone please enlighten me... here is another knife he said he designed himself and made from damasteel, http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140606

What I'm confused about is the heat treatment and finishing described in the post, if it's tempered in a pizza oven how do you know it's 57rc? It's exactly the same blade blank as the knife in this post and I think we all agree with its definitely not damasteel, so what am I missing here? Can someone clarify this for me?

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
I guess knives are like women: Some like them lean and demanding - others robust and warm. I'll leave you to decide in which camp this knife sits whoever manufactured the blade.

K

chris123

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2016
norwich
Redneck your not missing anything :) must remember to take you shopping with me next time!

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I remember that thread well. After seeing this one... i searched for it and found it... thought it was the same knife to begin with, but its not, different handle material.

On that thread, i just figured he has made a total mess of top notch steel based on his heat treatment.... then on this thread... i see the link to the heinnie blanks... claims of vinland damasteel...... and i call ********.
I'm confused will someone please enlighten me... here is another knife he said he designed himself and made from damasteel, http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140606

What I'm confused about is the heat treatment and finishing described in the post, if it's tempered in a pizza oven how do you know it's 57rc? It's exactly the same blade blank as the knife in this post and I think we all agree with its definitely not damasteel, so what am I missing here? Can someone clarify this for me?

Last edited:

chris123

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2016
norwich
I don't to be cynical at all but only a few hours ago you were happy

Now you're not ?
Not taken as cynicism bopdude but there has been some private correspondence behind the scenes. Let's just leave it at that :)

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
When a misled man, discovers he has been misled.... principle comes into play. Assuming one has any :)

I know nothing of mislement or principle, I know I own a Buzzard from Mick and am happy with it and very happy for what I paid, I know nothing else ? I think though if people are putting him down he should know what is being said and given a chance to tell his side.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Mick doesnt strike meas the type to mislead someone on purpose.....at all.

This is my damasteel rose, and its sweeeeettt!

IMG_1461_zpsefz4yqab.jpg

Last edited:

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Now, that IS Damasteel. Can i have a pic of the full knife please, other side too if poss?

Mick doesnt strike meas the type to mislead someone on purpose.....at all.

This is my damasteel rose, and its sweeeeettt!

IMG_1461_zpsefz4yqab.jpg

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Cheers Mark. Bit of alright innit mate? :) Shiny......

Sure thing. Its damasteel rose, [suits a yorkshireman then.]

Its a Karesuando knife, all swedish materials....DAMASTEEL PATTERNS

Someone told me it takes them two days or thereabouts to make it with their mechanical hammers.

3501R.jpg

DAMASTEEL® is the best performing stainless Damascus patterned steel in the world using the latest gas-atomized PM technology with very high cleanliness.
Damasteel® is a product of the mill that was established 1676 in Söderfors.

Beaver damascus Rose [3501R]
Brand New.
3mm thick spine.

Last edited:

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com

You know Chris, if he hadn't taken the Buzzards name in vain

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141322&highlight=buzzard

Then I would never have even thought about this ..

https://www.heinnie.com/blade-blank-drop-point-4

Vg10 or pakistani steel... maybe the knife should be renamed the elephant in the room..

Blimey! A little bending of the truth going on!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE