My new custom...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
It isnt that I dont like the sheath, I do, but it's perhaps not the most functional. The showstopper is the knife, it's a thing of absolute beauty.

But back to the sheath, there is no reason why a knife cant have a working coat as well as a sunday best. ;)

Look forward to seeing the completed ruggedised Saxon sheaf. Perhaps of the Damien Hurst school of craftwork??

Cheers

mart

Forager
Apr 6, 2008
cumbria
Hi Martyn, Yes mate, I really like Walter Sorels work. He makes superb blades and I think at a very reasonable price. I confess to being a fan of quite a few american smiths, Rick Barrett. Anthony De Cristefano (kinda flashy) and howard 'omimi' clarck spring to mind immediately. If only L6 bainite blades had more in activitey in the steel they would be perfect. You mentioned that you have swords, do you belong to a Ryu Martyn?

Regards, Martin

Ps. Howard Clarck is currently offering a "cash for clunckers" trade in discount. $400 off 1086 blades and $800 off L6 blades.

Last edited:

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Hi Martyn, Yes mate, I really like Walter Sorels work. He makes superb blades and I think at a very reasonable price. I confess to being a fan of quite a few american smiths, Rick Barrett. Anthony De Cristefano (kinda flashy) and howard 'omimi' clarck spring to mind immediately. If only L6 bainite blades had more in activitey in the steel they would be perfect. You mentioned that you have swords, do you belong to a Ryu Martyn?

Regards, Martin

Ps. Howard Clarck is currently offering a "cash for clunckers" trade in discount. $400 off 1086 blades and $800 off L6 blades.

No, I'm a collector not a practitioner, though I have always been very tempted to join, but unfortunately, there is little in the way of schools round here. I'd have to travel a fair bit and I'm not that interested. :)

I own www.britishblades.com - you should pop over, Howard Clark is a regular on the forums and I'm sure he'll be happy to explain to you first hand why the Bainite formation you get in L6 makes it a superior sword steel. In fact Howard flew over to a meetup of ours. :)

He is due over here again in April to teach a sword smithing masterclass with Owen Bush. :) :) :)

If you are interested in bladesmithing, you may be interested in popping along? Drop me a PM if you want the details. :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE