my new canvas and leather pack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
The entire collection!
I am now out of the leather and the canvas :)

Someone told me to get it dirty ... I am getting there....
The belt on the sporran doubles as a waistbelt to stop the rucksack swaying when crossing obstacles - it is not a load bearing hipbelt!

Feb 21, 2015
Durham
what with knife sharpening jigs and rucksacks and two dogs with his wool shirts.......there are some well skilled folks on this forum!

Im in awe....seriously ( and just a teeny bit jealous too!)

vestlenning

Settler
Feb 12, 2015
Western Norway
Very nice work! Reminds me of the Norwegian army rucksack, which I like a lot:

norwegian_army_backpack.jpg

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
That's it John F. I am sick as a dog now...........lol :lmao:

Oh not yet...
I have not shown my leatherwork, or my camp furniture, my flint work ... oh...is this boasting too much... :D
Don't get sick - get out and have a go :) I have been playing with making stuff for well over 1/4 of a century now, spent 2 years at College learning to sew and have wasted loads of dosh making things I will never show here.
If you want to get instruction and inspiration you could always pop over to the Members Market and check out my books on making gear...
Or just do what I did and get stuck straight in :)

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
Superb John. As a self confessed canvas-junky, I think this must be one of the nicest packs I've seen. Old world day-sack design with the world's best materials.

Did you forget to add 'lots of swearing' to you materials list :eek::eek:? Or maybe you are more polite than me (I'm sure the neighbours hear me cussing when I am tinkering in the garage)!

K

:You_Rock_

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Superb John. As a self confessed canvas-junky, I think this must be one of the nicest packs I've seen. Old world day-sack design with the world's best materials.

Did you forget to add 'lots of swearing' to you materials list :eek::eek:? Or maybe you are more polite than me (I'm sure the neighbours hear me cussing when I am tinkering in the garage)!

K

:You_Rock_

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh me? Swear?
Nooooooooo - OK yes lots!

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Looks absolutely smashing John, can't wait to see it in the flesh, one small thing though should it be in pink XD
You are bringing it to the moot this years arent you, would love to check it out. Hope to see you then!

Yours sincerely Ruud

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Looks absolutely smashing John, can't wait to see it in the flesh, one small thing though should it be in pink XD
You are bringing it to the moot this years arent you, would love to check it out. Hope to see you then!

Yours sincerely Ruud

Grief! NO!
I am not letting anyone near this set of luggage - if you get close up you can see EVER fault!
Anyway - it will most likely have fallen apart before the Moot....

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
that is fantastic.
Love my Berghaus Munro, except that it is so synthetic.
I had a Swedish M39 and a Norwegian telemark Pack canvas, steel and leather, but I will never buy one with a steel frame.
This looks perfect too me.
Well done mate.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE