My New Bushcraft Resource Project

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
What editor/ program do you use to make the pages? You can pm me as well (I know a few things about webdesign :22: ), I might have some design ideas... no need to bog this forum with techie stuff.

from the look of it, Microsoft FrontPage 5.0.

Prophecy

Settler
Dec 12, 2007
Italy
That's an excellent, well laid out site. Congrats!

Who are the two characters on the 'Video Of The Month'? I love it! :D

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
Thanks, I've moved the design around a little, also I've had a couple of people contact me saying they liked he music and wanted it back, so I've changed the code again, it should sart playing when the page loads now. Im on a 1MB connection and it dosent affect me at all.

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
Right, well its going well, I've got a couple of new items up.

Making Charcloth

And also, add your own photos to the site!... Come on.. Lets see some of my BCUK out in the wild. :) Send in your photo!

Some small design tweaks, I'll also trying improving the code to make the frontpage load faster. Someone name Alex left a comment in the shoutbox that I think im going to act on;
Hi, great site - just one suggestion: it seems there are lots of articles coming in and instead of having each title down the side how about have an 'articles' section, with a drop down menu in it? Just might make it easier to find things, rather than being mixed among videos, quote, bushmoots etc. But great site, great content, love the layout.
I think I'll work on a dynamic drop down menu to keep all the information-articles under. I need to tidy up that menu just dont know how! Thanks for all your support.

abushcrafter

Nomad
Aug 23, 2007
Chilterns
As a coloured blind person, can I ask you to think about the colours of your homepage, without highlighting any all I can see is the pictures and the shout box. The rest is just a black page

tell me more on what I can do for you on my site please.

also how do you do the shout bit ? And where are the sketch's from?

small-nest.gif

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Thanks for feedback, much appreciated.

Tadpole, I apologise I dont know much at all about coloured blindness and im sorry if I seem silly. I was surprised that you couldnt see the other text/menu, I thought it had alright contrast. I presume that all people who suffer with this differ in what colours and contrast they can see effectively? If thats correct, how could I possibly cater for everyones needs? I'll have to learn more about the condition I suppose.

Speaking as someone else who is colour blind, no problems.

One thing, you might want to check but I think you do have cater for everyone. They are going to or did pass a law. There is a thing at w3 that tells you if your site is complaint.

Only thing I do not get is all the <p align="center">&nbsp;</p>.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
I don't understand why you go from a black background on the mainpage and white background on the articles. I would prefer black background and white text in the articles too. Much easier on the eyes, if you intend to read any longer texts (I spend too much time in front of a screen).

Also, some kind of menu in the articles would be nice.

If the reader is visually impaired, isn't it reasonable to assume that he/she has a webbrowser that sorts the colour themes out? In the same way they usually have bigger fonts and more contrast?

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
Thanks all, Some good points. I dont think I will make the article backgrounds black though, I prefer them white, I really do. As for the article-menu on each article, I have been trying that on a few articles, I do like it and I think its a good idea so I'll probably do it on all now.

Thanks for the support malente.

As for publisizing and getting the site heard about a bit more im planning to contact a large number of bushcraft/outdoor related sites/companies to tell them about NaturalBushcraft.co.uk kindly ask if they would like to the site. I plan to support and help the bushcraft community anyway, so I'll be linking to a lot of sites regardless of if they link to my site.

Oh that reminds me, any ideas on promotnig the site? Any new methods? All the best,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE