My latest shirt

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up,

The shirt looks great John - but I have to take you to task!

As you once slated me for an 'unreadable' O.P. which I had sent from a smart phone whilst out and about (it had been automatically de-paragraphed to one block of words) I have to retaliate and say - get your posted images the right way up!

I've let you get away with it on a previous occasion but I feel that you are now taking advantage. :lmao:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Aye Up,

The shirt looks great John - but I have to take you to task!

As you once slated me for an 'unreadable' O.P. which I had sent from a smart phone whilst out and about (it had been automatically de-paragraphed to one block of words) I have to retaliate and say - get your posted images the right way up!

I've let you get away with it on a previous occasion but I feel that you are now taking advantage. :lmao:

Aye - fair does :)
This is the only forum I go on that refuses to print my portrait photos the right way round ... blame the forum not me... blummen technology ... makes a mockery honest men's work ... KISS...humbug...mutter ..mutter... Bah!

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
That's a great shirt. At last - the pockets are in a good position that's not too high and are of a decent, usable size. Top stuff!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
That's a great shirt. At last - the pockets are in a good position that's not too high and are of a decent, usable size. Top stuff!

Yup - I designed the shirt to fit practical needs: a strong double back yoke, no useless collar, no useless lower buttons, big elbow reinforcement patches, easy roll sleeves and BIG pockets that are low enough to be accessible with either hand and to avoid rucksack straps. The sleeves are long enough to keep my wrists well covered even at a stretch and the shirt long enough to keep lower parts warm...

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
It'll give you something to do in your spare time :rolleyes: :lmao:

"Spare" and "Time" are not often found in the same part of the world as me... - I thought I had Sat and Sun off last week - but then a co-worker went sick and I had to cover her 10 hour Sunday shift..... and no "time and a half" in this job...
But I have next Fri, Sat and Sun booked off and I am off into the trees :)

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
So much skill right here.
How cool is it to combine ones wishes for a custom shirt AND make it oneself.
I do like the design.
Low collar and big pockets.
I Love big pockets in the field. Hardly any shirt of mine has them....
My compliments!

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Yup - I designed the shirt to fit practical needs: a strong double back yoke, no useless collar, no useless lower buttons, big elbow reinforcement patches, easy roll sleeves and BIG pockets that are low enough to be accessible with either hand and to avoid rucksack straps. The sleeves are long enough to keep my wrists well covered even at a stretch and the shirt long enough to keep lower parts warm...

If only you'd make one for me...!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Nice shirt John bach, you getting good at this seamstress malarkey when are you going into production :)

I am better at the design side than the making bit ... for one thing I am too darn slow!... and I did the "Designer" bit (I did a bit of freelance design work for various companies such as Snowdon Clothing, Climbing 4 and a small outfit called "Craghoppers" back in the day) but got bored with it.
I am happier as a Development Worker at the Care Farm :)
Sewing is a hobby now :)

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I am better at the design side than the making bit ... for one thing I am too darn slow!... and I did the "Designer" bit (I did a bit of freelance design work for various companies such as Snowdon Clothing, Climbing 4 and a small outfit called "Craghoppers" back in the day) but got bored with it.
I am happier as a Development Worker at the Care Farm :)
Sewing is a hobby now :)

What you have designed is definitely worth developing though. Your shirt has been impeccably thought out and looks wonderfully functional. It's the little details, like the collar and pocket size and position, that puts this above the normal run of 'outdoorsy shirts' currently available. If your design were produced, even in modest quantities, I would get one or two for definite​; I reckon there might be quite a few others who would also take the plunge...

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Thanks for all the kind messages - I have lots of fun making things and if any entrepreneur wants to buy the rights to make my stuff commercially I would be all ears and wallet :)
I think that the advertising campaign could do worse that that image :)
I like the look of the Boer War style army shirts and the original Scout Uniform shirt (based on the Shalwar Kameez after experience in the Indian Wars) plus I like Vintage and "Steam Punk" style....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE