my latest sewing project

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Again - a wool shirt made from a wool blanket.
Another charity shop Day-glo orange perhaps Merino (no label) this time £4
Dyed with Dylon cold water dye and made to my own pattern total cost (minus my time) £9.56 :)
002.jpg

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I do like your shirts John, topman (not the store). Maybe one day i'll have ago.

Cheers
Andy

Yours will make mine look bad!
On another mindwave ... who remembers the name of the company in the TV series "The Rag Trade"? - one for the over 50s....

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
A fine looking garment. Especially now that the weather is turning chilly. I love the colour too. Round here that would be great camouflage in a ploughed field.

Z

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Looks superb john and if you dont mind I'm gonna pick your brain sometime soon, about some patterns I'm working on as you have about 1000 times the experience as I do and if there is one thing I know, it is that I dont squat yet XD
Your sincerely Ruud

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Come on then, how much for one of my own John? ;)

bet the hours were pretty hefty!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I thought I remembered it, but that would be from the 70's

Just checked they re-ran it 77 / 78

You weren't Harold Fenner in a younger life were you?

ne - the co was "Fenner Fashions"!
When I set up my business making waterproofs (after I left college with a diploma in Fashion Design and had been a freelance designer for Craghoppers and Snowdon Clothing etc) I thought of calling the business "Fenna Fashions" but in the end I went with "John Fenna Designs" ... the business failed after Snowdon Clothing who made the garments up for me closed and I could not get the manufacturing done at a competitive price for small numbers :(
I still have loads of the sew in labels though!

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
ne - the co was "Fenner Fashions"!
When I set up my business making waterproofs (after I left college with a diploma in Fashion Design and had been a freelance designer for Craghoppers and Snowdon Clothing etc) I thought of calling the business "Fenna Fashions" but in the end I went with "John Fenna Designs" ... the business failed after Snowdon Clothing who made the garments up for me closed and I could not get the manufacturing done at a competitive price for small numbers :(
I still have loads of the sew in labels though!

I didn't want to spoil it for anyone else who was wracking their brains, & thought the anme may jog a brain cell into life. So would your company have been up and running before the TV series one then. :rolleyes:

(Runs for the cover of the woods before being asaulted with a pink Spork):lmao:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I didn't want to spoil it for anyone else who was wracking their brains, & thought the anme may jog a brain cell into life. So would your company have been up and running before the TV series one then. :rolleyes:

(Runs for the cover of the woods before being asaulted with a pink Spork):lmao:

You can run - but can you hide?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE