My lads bow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

chrisanson

Nomad
Apr 12, 2006
Dudley
hello all,
here are some pics of the bow i have made for my 9 year old.
I thought I would start my own thread rather than highjack someone else’s.
chrisanson
chrisanson

I made it to draw to 28” so that his big brother doesn’t pull it back and break it like he did with the last one! His mom pencilled in the knot pattern and I burned it in with a pyro machine.
The handle wrap is some tablet waving made by my wife.
chris

woodmunky

Forager
Oct 3, 2006
Surrey
Looks fantastic mate! he'll most certainly be happy with it for sure!

Really like the pyrographic markings... looking at doing similar to my bow too... looks great!

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Nice one, but it's not such a good Idea to burn the wood on the back of a bow, could weaken the wood and lead to breakage. Probably not an issue with a low weight childs bow though.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
I'm with Snufkin on the burnin' of the back, but as long as it's low weight should be fine.
Looks good.
I also like some of your metalwork Chris. Particularly the cauldron and sheild boss...good stuff.

chrisanson

Nomad
Apr 12, 2006
Dudley
Thanks for all the comment’s. yes the shed / workshop is a BIT untidy but as I am sure you all know they are never big enough !! :rolleyes:
The bow is made from white ash leftover from another job. Its 58” long and 57”KtoK.and yes he loves it! And thanks stovie, the shield boss and caldron were jobs for re-enactors as are the knives. it’s a way of keeping my hobby / hobby’s going and subsidised a bit. Again thanks complements indeed coming from the folks on this forum!! :D
chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE