my kit, please comment, ask questions, etc.

hilltop

Banned
May 14, 2006
edge of the peak district
its hammering down here and i am soooooooo bored, took some pics of my kit, please comment, ask questions, make observations, critisize, i have used this kit for 20 years, its all i use as i am not a kit monster i dont believe in having stuff for the sake of it, looking forward to your feedback,picks are in gallery,(obviusly some is brand new and not available 20 years ago, its replacements and upgrades over the years)

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
I like the 3 storage containers in mykit7 what were their original purpose? Not sure if the monocular is for night vision? With the new knife amnesty and the media hysteria not sure that I would carry that fine bush slasher unless well inside my pack! Thanks for the peep at your kit from Swyn.

hilltop

Banned
May 14, 2006
swyn said:
I like the 3 storage containers in mykit7 what were their original purpose? Not sure if the monocular is for night vision? With the new knife amnesty and the media hysteria not sure that I would carry that fine bush slasher unless well inside my pack! Thanks for the peep at your kit from Swyn.
they are us army NBC boxes, (re-ray mears wetstone box in another forum)the monocular is half a pair of fixed focus military binos, i dropped them and they broke so i cut them in half with a hacksaw, i dont carry the golock often these daysi tend to favour the estwing, but yes it travels inside the bergen on its rare days out, lol, thanx for the comments,

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
woah, that's alot of kit!

what to say, well i have cut down and down on all of my kit. every time i go away i find it difficult to choose what to take. i would immagine you have the same problem.

all of the kit you have certainly as far as i know is well up for the job of bushcraft, i wonder why so many 2qt US army bottles? i would never carry more than 2 full 58 bottles(due to weight) if it was hot i might carry a camel back aswell.

it's funny you have the US ALICE pack, PLCE (and snugpak?), these are the same rucksacks i have used, i found the alice strange, a great design but not that comfy, PLCE i always filled to the brim :rolleyes: , and the Snugpak which i use now which seems fine.

having so much DPM around it may give people the wrong impression, as to your intentions? i used to wear full camo have full DPM webbing, and rucksack and always got fustrated that some people thought i wanted to be in the sas, i have moved over to green as a basis for my kit though some items like my basha don't come in green,

one more point with some of your kit being identical (water bottles/NBC boxes) you might find it useful to mark them A,B,C or 1,2,3. especially when decontaminating water or if an item is needed quickly

all in all i would say very good kit,

just a lot of it.

could you do a few more pictures?

1 standard bushcraft kit

1 winter bushcraft kit

1 other activity kit

it would be easier to decipher what you actually use for an activity , otherwise all we see is as i say alot of kit. ;)

hilltop

Banned
May 14, 2006
cheers rappleby, its all dpm coz i got it all when i was in the army, i have a lot of alice gear coz i nicked it from ft bragg, lol, i dont carry the 2 qarts all together, usually one 2 quart and one quart, peak one stove is for winter, same as trangia, rest of time i use tin cup and stand with beer can stove or hexy, didnt put pics of therma rest or doss bags on , they are at the back of the airing cupboard and i AINT GOING IN THERE!!!!!!lol, the dpm trauma pouch is a great bit of kit, you can get loads in it, thanx for your comments,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE