My idea of a good job

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Now this sounds like a great job to me. Located in what I regard as one of the most stunning parts of the UK aswell.

It`s a shame I`m not qualified, is it possible to do a home study HND in Countryside Management ?

27/1/09 – 4/2/09 – Sc

Ranger Vacancies

Seasonal Rangers Ref: LLTNP/01/02/Sup/SR3

£11,779 - £15,035 p.a. pro rata + enhancement for evening & weekend working

14 posts, full-time/part-time and variety of hours

Temporary from 30 March 2009 until 30 September 2009.

Are you interested in helping to deliver a high quality experience for visitors, residents & users of Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park? If so, and you have broad range of skills including communication, visitor management, conservation, practical maintenance and boating skills and are enthusiastic about the outdoors, passionate about the natural heritage we want to hear from you.

Ranger Ref: LLTNP/01/05/Snr/SR1

£15,069 – 17,901 p.a. pro rata + 20% enhancement for evening & weekend working, at 35 hrs/wk; based at Callander

1 post temporary from 30 March 2009 until 30 September 2009

We’re looking for a candidate with a strong commitment to supporting the aims of the National Park by ensuring high quality management and maintenance of built and countryside assets, supporting delivery of the Ranger Service outcomes and providing a courteous point of contact role to the public. You will have excellent interpersonal skills, experience in countryside building and maintenance work and you will have a current UK driving licence.

Closing date for both posts: 12 noon on Wednesday 4 February 2009.

Interviews week commencing: Monday 23 February 2009. If you have not heard anything by this date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.

Offers of employment will be subject to a Scottish Criminal Records Enhanced Disclosure check.

The Authority is committed to equal opportunities for all and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Application forms and further particulars are available from our website www.lochlomond-trossachs.org Alternatively contact us by email: recruitment@lochlomond-trossachs.org or tel: 01389 722608 quoting the appropriate reference number. All posts are subject to the outcome of job evaluation.

Trail Runner

Nov 2, 2008
Larzac Plateau, France
It looks like we're looking in the same place Shewie..( I phoned after that one this morning to see if they had a position with accommodation - they don't :( Like you I have no qualifications, and my age may be agin me but I've sent off a couple of applications and highlighted by positives as well as acknowledging my 'gaps'. Nothing so far so I reckon I'll head down the volunteer route with a day a week at college towards NVQ2.

If you are in the same boat I wish you well :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE