My home made bush buddy (wood gas stove)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

westie1

Dec 11, 2009
west yorkshire
Well i feel i need to show off my new stove :) its cost me less than a tenner and almost cost me my thumb but its finnished :D
Its a wood gas stove as i wanted the smoke free fire and made from prety hard core ss canisters of 3 diffrent sizes (one being a cooking pot holding around 350ml) from sabichi at £8. Im following it up with legs from wood ties as iv seen on here, a cat meths burner thats waiting to be made on my desk next and thin chain on the pot for hanging oh and a pot stand im trying to design :S. I tested it last night with hexi blocks and paper and worked as well as id have expected with the fuel.
Hope my pics work lol! hope to be following this up with my leather/knife/carving antics lol. My GF is pulling her hair out.
photo0251b.jpg

That is the inner and outer appart. I have holes in the bottom of the inner then a wire mesh above for best air supply possible.
photo0248x.jpg

photo0247o.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

westie1

Dec 11, 2009
west yorkshire
Its mili-put, like a 2 part clay that when mixed goes rock hard and can be worked and has been wet finger smoothed. I used it to get a nice finnish and extra seal to the mechanical joint. Its gone a diffrent colour now like a tan black but looks less garish to be honest. £2.30 a tube and lots left, heat resistant to 130 degrees id recomend it for the price.

westie1

Dec 11, 2009
west yorkshire
not been on here ages so sorry for digging this up, just want to save people money, DONT USE MILIPUT as it will set on fire, iv now replaced with fire cement from b&q.
That will be all :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE