my hammock under quilt MKII.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
A while back i made an underquilt from a 10 tog single hollow fill duvet,it worked ok but i wanted something bigger to come up around me all snug like,so this month i baught a goose down double duvet and set about making it into my new under quilt ,i used some olive ripstop nylon for a cover and webbing straps for the tabs,the bungee cord i ordered turned up and i had totally ordered the wrong size,it was massive so i used a small amount of 3mm black in conjunction with some para cord which worked ok but i shall be happier with it when it is all 3mm bungee cord.
Heres some pics and a short vid of our trip to the woods to try it out.

underquilt packed. by fishfish_01, on Flickr

new underquilt by fishfish_01, on Flickr

new underquilt by fishfish_01, on Flickr

the dog and me. by fishfish_01, on Flickr

DSC04883 by fishfish_01, on Flickr

http://youtu.be/-r2HO6tgpTk

and on our way home we found something yummy for tea!

chicken of the woods by fishfish_01, on Flickr

thanks for looking.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oh my! Now that's an UQ !!! It comes up lovely and high - even Maisie looks happy :) - and that's just what I need. You've not gathered it at either end? I must get inspired and get on with mine this w/end. I'm going to have a good look at those pix, it looks a really good design. :bigok:

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
Like it a lot, got any plans for that as got an old double sleeping bag that I could convert.

quilt_zpsb1f4426c.png

mark the red line onto your quilt,sew then cut.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Back on this again ... the quilt bit is done but I'd not got enough covering material. Just ordered a few metres of ripstop which will hopefully arrive tomorrow. Mine is being square although the ends will be gathered. I'm definitely putting the tabs along the sides as that looks an excellent mod. May be back with the odd question.

Been firing up the new hand-cranked Singer, am really looking fwd to using it :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE