My first wooden spoons

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jamie6754

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 22, 2006
Bergen germany 29303
These here are my first two attempts at carving a spoon. The larger of the two spoons is oak the other is beach.
I have not oiled them yet as i have gave them to my kids. My next spoon i will oil i think.

DSC00150.jpg

DSC00151.jpg

DSC00152.jpg

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
spamel said:
Ask Jamie what his hand is like to carve, espescially with my spoon knife!! :lmao:

Good job Jamie, I better put mine up soon eh?

Ouuuch!

yep those spoon knives don't half make interesting scars :lmao:

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Well, here are my two good uns! The little spoon is a good smooth spoon made from a long since forgotten wood, and the curve means it sits in a back pocket and doesn't dig in anywhere!! The larger spoon isn't that old and still needs a bit more oil. I'm not too sure why it is dark like that, it may have something to do with me trying the hot oil method but it did have some discolouration there before I started that. Anyway, it's made for serving up one of my concoctions whilst out and about, and as I say it still needs a bit more oil.

I have done two others, but one is quite horrid and nowhere near finished, and the other I sanded down a bit too much, it hasn't gone through but the wood is opaque!!

The knife is a modded Opi 8, a small hole for a lanyard, the point has been filed down to a drop, and the wood is scorched, sanded and oiled and a wacky pattern on the blade courtesy of tomato ketchup!

HPIM2586.jpg

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Some nice work there chaps. Oak is tough to carve but you can get some fine finish. Just made a needle out of Oak to stitch the canvas together for the tipi...

DSCF4637copy.jpg

trying to be as paleo as I can... :rolleyes:

jamie6754

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 22, 2006
Bergen germany 29303
As spamel said about his spoon knife and my hand yeh it was a very nasty cut, i carved a chunk of flesh out of my hand, it was quite deep but it didnt bleed straight away and neither of us had a first aid ( stupid thing to do not bring a important piece of kit such as that ). Luckly spamel used some birch polypore fungus and made a plaster which absorbed some of the blood by this time it had bled quite alot. The funny thing was just before the accident happened he said be careful mate neither of us have a first aid kit. Tempting fate some what, wouldnt you say.

Here is a picture of the scar.

DSC00164.jpg

DSC00165.jpg

P

Phantom

them spoons look good :D
and that cut doesnt look too good

phantom :AR15firin

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE