My First Spooooons

Well, I have finally got round to uploading a couple piccies of my spoons. I only started carvings spoons on my Woodlander course with Woodsmoke. The first attempt was a bit over ambitious as it was quite large and had a horrible knot on the back which was a pain to carve so I gave up and started again.
The second from the left is made from Willow (I think) and was my piece for the course.
The third one is from Pine that I started a couple weekends ago. Still to wet it and sand it again.

IMG_7874.jpg

IMG_787412.jpg

spoonback.jpg

spoonclose.jpg

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
Good effort mate.

Better than my first attempt, also on a Woodlander course. I've still got the original though I've made a couple of dozen since.

Stu

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
good stuff and it's great to see the progress through the 3 that you've done, keep at it and you'll soon be knocking out all sorts of things. You'll find that you're understanding of the woods and how they are work increases allowing you to make better cuts and know what you can get away with.

thanks for putting up the pics and keep it up :D

Yup definetly a progression from my first. You ever seen those t-shirts with the evolution of man, thats what I think of when I see the three of the spoons together.

The first one is the stone age spoon, which can be used as a club and paddle if need be and it develops into a modern looking spoon.

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE