My First Mora Knife!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I got my first Mora knife this week and am so excited about it. I've written a little about it - please let me know if I can do anything with the handle... it is plain birch.

http://mungobah.blogspot.com/2007/01/my-first-frosts-mora-knife.html

frosts.mora.laminate.carbon.steel.knife+(9).JPG

Reactions: British Red
Nice knife! I'm thinkin' about getting me one of those myself! Birch is a dense heavy wood and therefore I think it will respond best to some light hand sanding (if the grip is too smooth or rough) and then a few coats of danish oil or pure linseed (remember LIGHT applications). Also you should consider borrowing or buying the book Northern Bushcraft by Mors Kochanski it's full of spectacular information and a whole chapter is dedictated to the use of the Mora knife. Good Luck!

BTW It's my first post but I've been a lurker for a couple months...nice site guys! :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Just a way of saying "thank you for a good post". I keep trying to cash mine in for axes but sadly Tony isn't playing :D. Search on "reputation points" and you'll kind of get it (if you really figure it out - let me know).

Red

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That's the second one I've seen stripped back this week :D
Robbie has done his too, and carved the handle into a sort of curvier shape too.
I like them :cool:

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE