My first knife making attempt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Captaincrash

Sep 26, 2010
Canada
That is looking supremely good man, well done. That wood has a lovely grain and the rivets (not too sure what they are properly called!) are really cool. Great attention to detail :)

Rivets are called mosaic pins....made with several different bits and then filled with black epoxy.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Hacksaw, dremel and some sweat.....my buddy works at the local waterjet place and I will be enlisting his service next time around.

Wow, cutting tool steel with hand tools - that's pretty hardcore! I'm going to have to try making a knife - won't be anywhere as good as yours, I'm just not that good a craftsman, but might be a good use for some old files I've seen lying about

P.S. Glad you realised I was joking in my earlier post! :)

Captaincrash

Sep 26, 2010
Canada
I am a machinist by trade and have run everything from a file to multi axis cnc machines. My late father was a Silversmith and metal spinner so its in the blood. I still prefer to do things the old fashioned way with hand tools when it permits. I had the added benifit of apprenticing under some very skilled tradesmen. Now due to knee issues I am running a small bicycle shop and loving life!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE