Many thanks to British Red and BB for the dehydrator :You_Rock_

Cheers
Louis

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Your very welcome Louis :)

It may not last too much longer but at least you get a free practice before deciding whether to invest.

Looks like you added just a little chilli there too :D

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
That looks rather nice!! Ive got a couple of cold wheat beers in the fridge that would go right nice with it.

Was it easy to make?, what sort of de hydrator did you use ?.

I read somewhere you can make one form plywood with a low wattage bulb??

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
That looks tasty lou

I read somewhere you can make one form plywood with a low wattage bulb??

There's a few tutorials on t'web for making one with a foil lined cardboard box and a light bulb. Google should find it Andy.

Always fancied having a bash myself but never got round to it.

IIRC The March 2009 issue of Bushcraft & Survival Skills magazine (which you may still find in Borders bookshop) had an article on how to make a dehydrater from hardboard I think - looked fairly simple and relatively inexpensive - I keep meaning to knock one together & have a go myself.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
If you do use a bulb, try adding a small fan from a scrap computer - makes a heck of a difference

Alternatively, get wife to buy you a Special Ops tactical black dehydrator with 9 trays, side fan, timer, temperature control and "special use" low friction inserts. Code name "Excalibur"

I did - its as cool as hell :D

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
My second kilo is drying as i speak!!!
And yes "Excalibur" is tempting me, do they make it in high speed low drag IRR black??? ;-)

Louis

cattyman

Mar 23, 2008
lancashire UK
made one out of an old fridge using a 100 watt spotlight bulb, drilled holes in the back, it stays at 65 degrees centigrade , works a treat, and cheap to run.....mack

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE