My First Bannock

W

Winston Dover

In a rare spare moment at cub camp over May bank holiday i managed to make my first bannock.

From recipies i have found its a fairly standard bannock, with sultanas and a splash of Yates Australian WIne thrown in.

By the time id given all the leaders a piece there wasnt a lot left!!!!! but the bannock seemed to get good reveiws from all who tasted it...

If someone can tell me how to put pictures in here then i have one to put up....

anyway, it was great and i plan to make more whenever i can, might try a savoury one at some point

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Google imageshack.

When you go to the site click browse find the pic on your pc and click upload.

Then copy the direct url it gives you and paste it here.

W

Winston Dover

I serached the net and found what seems to be a basic mix.

3 cups of plain flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
pinch of salt.
Mix with water to the right consistency and cook.

I added a handfull of sultanans to the dry mix and spalshed yates over it when done.

I have been thinking of making one half cheese half fruit, kind of a meal in a pan. Anyone tried it or think of a reason not to?

aelf

Mar 13, 2007
uk
have you tried bread twists? peel a green stick (about 18 inches long) and heat it over the fire to dry it out. make a stiff dough, roll it into a long sausage shape and wrap it around the stick in a spiral. hold over the embers, turning slowly til it's brown all over. cover in jam and enjoy! Our Cubs love it!

W

Winston Dover

Ive tried twists, I make with our cubs and beavers, they all love them, the mix is pretty much the same when i do them, just how we cook them differs.

For a savoury backwoods meal, wrap the mix round a tinned sausage, then cook it over a fire, and make pig in a blanket, another favourite with my cubs.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE