My first back pack

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I used one of these on and off for many years, they cost pennies and were popular with hillwalkers. Often they had a clip on ledge with them (they were used to carry ammo boxes and radio equipment in WW2) and you just strapped your kit on and off you went. I used to pack all my kit including tent into an plastic 'survival' bag to keep stuff dry.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370559635681?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2661

Mine came with non padded shoulder straps, ledge and a lot of loose straps and cost me a weeks pocket money 15/- thats 75p for you younger members. Very light in weight and very comfortable as you can really distribute the kit evenly.

Happy days :)

You can pick up Alice packs minus frames cheap these days, you should be able to fit one to one of these frames with room for tent/sleeping bag below.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Now that's a comfy looking pack lol

You may be very supprised if you tried one young Shewie, mine was just canvas straps back in ye olde days and that went up and down pretty much every mountain in Wales over the years....I'm close on buying one, can't hike now......don't need one...I'll never use it.....must keep off the red wine tonight :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE