My Firesteel Collection...

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
Sorry I didn't post sooner.... been busy. No I don't have to do any more tempering, you just want to keep the arms softer and the face hard. Yes it does come down to the steel, just good high carbon steel....but having said that, I will let it sit in the coals above non magnetic to grow the crystals in the steel. That really helps get good sparks from the steel.

The quench I use is a lite oil like transmission fluid or vegtable oil are best, at least I feel they are.

Tai's knifes are cool!!!! I have a small bushy, dang sharp too.
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE