My Canoe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Well seen as we're all at it tonight. Thought I'd post some pics of my Canoe.

It's an Old Town Discovery 158. Went half's with a friend but it cost us £400 including the floatation blocks. So a lot less than I'd always thought to get into canoeing.

We've named her Anduin, as we're both massive nerds :).

It came with lacing for the float bags already fitted, all I can say is the previous owners had never heard of a tape measure.

received_1677374582515623.jpg

Took it out for a spin on good Friday. We'd done a couple of days paddling on the Ardeche with school but hadn't been in one since. Happily we soon got back into a rhythm and after a few collisions with over hanging Hawthorns we were getting a feel for it again.

DSC_0603.jpg

DSC_0607.jpg

DSC_0610.jpg

DSC_0612.jpg
Stopped for a beer at the Trout Inn.

DSC_0614.jpg

FB_IMG_1458928806864.jpg

Spent a few hours last week changing the lines and shock cord. Plus the unnerving task of drilling the hull for cargo lacing. A bit of cleaning and maintenance and she's ready for some longer trips.

DSC_0647.jpg

DSC_0649.jpg

DSC_0651.jpg

Going up to Ullswater this weekend so that should be a good test of our modifications.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE