My camping gear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leo0274

Apr 20, 2015
Brasil
Hey guys, I'd like to share with you what I use when camping here in Brazil.

This is a picture of the hole thing:
f7nA5iq.jpg

This is what I carry in the leather bag:
q1BPcag.jpg

I made the bag myself, using goat leather.
What I have in it:
The pink lid container is full with sugar, and the thing beside the spoon is tea. I love tea.
There is a sharping stone, a small folding knife.
20 meters of rope.
2 lighters
A small fishing kit (it goes inside the red box)
And a ferrocerium rod with magnesium bar (very used)

Blades:
TMUTLVY.jpg

Two cheap hand axes, one is without the handle, I will make one very soon.
A Mora knife
And two knives typical from the Gaucho people (Gaucho is an equivalent of the North American "cowboy", search a little about these people, it is quite interesting. I have some Gaucho blood)

The rest of it:
kHiTBHB.jpg

Here you see something I forgot in the first picture, the can, it is full with pig fat, it is very usefull.
The bottle has some multi-porpouse natural medicin, it is helps healing and cleanig open cuts, stop the itching from mosquito bites, they say it heps with snake poison, and it burns.
Some rope.
My water bag and a mug.
a sharpening rod.
the blue thing is canvas (not the fabric canvas, but here we call them by the same name, it is made of plastic)
the green bag is a hammock, just like this:
rede-de-descanso-c-mosquiteiro-amazonguepardo-082455700.jpg

my boots:
QeTrL9k.jpg

typical from the Gaucho people too.

and here my air rifle:
DG4MXCG.jpg

I would show my clothing, but I'm buying new ones very soon.

Edit:

Here are pictures of the typical Gaucho clothing:
2008_0717_125218aa.jpg

baixa.jpg

gaucho.jpg

History fact:
Here, Dom Pedro II waring the traditional Gaucho clothing:
Pedro%2BII%2Bde%2Bgaucho%2B1865.jpg

He fought the War of Paraguay with that clothing, he was the first to volunteer due to the lack of soldiers

Last edited:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Thats very good, its always nice to see others kit.

No First aid kit?

I like your bag. Im currently making a selection of items for handling boxes for schools. My current project is a pilgrims bag. (Cornwall a centre for pilgrimages) so we are using the bag to tell a story. Our pilgrim has been many places such as St Michaels Mount (local shrine) and Mont St Michael (French equivalent) We are getting replica pilgrims badges for these places.

Our pilgrim is a simple drover, so he hasnt a fancy bag, its scuffed recycled leather, no metal fittings, a horn toggle to close it. I havent enough leather for a strap, so I suggested a bit of rope, but my tutor said it would be painful to carry with the weight on a narrow cord. (we are using different leather as our pilgrim has replaced it.)

But you use cord as a strap; doesnt it cut in?

leo0274

Apr 20, 2015
Brasil
Thats very good, its always nice to see others kit.

No First aid kit?

I like your bag. Im currently making a selection of items for handling boxes for schools. My current project is a pilgrims bag. (Cornwall a centre for pilgrimages) so we are using the bag to tell a story. Our pilgrim has been many places such as St Michaels Mount (local shrine) and Mont St Michael (French equivalent) We are getting replica pilgrims badges for these places.

Our pilgrim is a simple drover, so he hasnt a fancy bag, its scuffed recycled leather, no metal fittings, a horn toggle to close it. I havent enough leather for a strap, so I suggested a bit of rope, but my tutor said it would be painful to carry with the weight on a narrow cord. (we are using different leather as our pilgrim has replaced it.)

But you use cord as a strap; doesnt it cut in?

I would use leather to the strap, but I did not have enough. It doesn't hurt, because I only keep light and small things in it.
But what can be done if you take heavy things, jus use a strap of leather in the part that touches your shoulder, I'm really thinking about doing it, more for the looking, because mine is quite confortable.

leo0274

Apr 20, 2015
Brasil
What happened? The post is gone after I edit.
I was trying to post a reply with some pictures of the Gaucho clothing and I would not apear, and then I tried to add it to the original post and it is all gone

Last edited:

leo0274

Apr 20, 2015
Brasil
Well folks, it seems like I've had a problem with the posting, the original one has disapeared after I edit, so, I'm posting again:

Hey guys, I'd like to share the gear I use when camping here in Brazil:

All of it:
f7nA5iq.jpg

This is what I keep in the leather bag:
q1BPcag.jpg

I made the bag myself with goat leather
Inside of it:
20 meters of rope
2 lighters
A ferrocerium rod with the magnesium bar
Tea (beside the spoon)
Sugar (the pink lid glass)
Spoon
some spices
a folding knife
A sharpening stone and my fishing kit

Blades:
TMUTLVY.jpg

Two cheap hand axes
A mora Knife
And two gaucho knifes (Gaucho is the name of the people from the south of Brazil, the equivalent to a Cowboy)

The rest:
kHiTBHB.jpg

A can with fat pig (very useful), canvas (the blue thing, not the fabric canvas, it is made of plastic), a sharpening rod, a mug, a water bag, in the bottle there is some natural multi-porpouse medicine, it stops the itching from mosquito bites, helps healing open cuts, and they sey it is good for snake poison, I do not know the recipe, but when I find it I'll share), and a hammock lake this:
3350.jpg

Gaucho boots:
QeTrL9k.jpg

"La Niña" (my air rifle):
DG4MXCG.jpg

PS:
Here some pictures of the gaucho typical clothing:
1.jpg

f3f4687fc20a5517b1920bf8db10f5ed.jpg

baixa.jpg

thumbs_poncho-masculino.jpg

Here, Dom Pedro II (Last emperor of Brazil and, in my opinion, the best governor this country ever had) using the typical Gaucho clothing for the War of Paraguay:
200px-PedroII1865.JPG

He was the first to volunteer to the Corpo de Voluntários da pátria (the Patriotic Volunteers) who fought the War of paraguay.
We needed volunteers because we had only few soldiers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE