musing on a knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

singe1986

Forager
Feb 3, 2013
thirsk
http://i42.tinypic.com/1zl66wm.jpg

so for aslong as I remember my main users have been mora and helle with the odd other thrown in for play and test anyway I got an old hickory thats been reprofiled and I've been using it for last few weeks and I must admit im not only impressed im really enjoying the blade and shape and I didn't think I would anyway a few things have come to light I found the blade alittle thin for heavy battoning as took alot of effort to get through larger bits and secondly I feel lack of finger choil an inconvenience on this knife so abit general browsing on internet I came accros a condor hudson bay knife which seems just the ticket blade length ain't to dissimilar but been wider and thicker been of benefit also the big lump of metal between blade and handle is crying out for choil plus a thumb choil on top I think I could be on to winner or am I barking up wrong tree? Is there a knife im overlooking? I'm after the budget bruiser

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
It looks ok but I don't like the look of the handle... it looks uncomfortable.

On the flip side, it's pig ugly enough that you can batter it all day without feeling guilty.

Do it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE