Multicam tarp anyone?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
I quite like the idea of this, and it's the first one I've seen, and it's the same dimensions and features as the MoD DPM tarp it even has the stretcher handles.
I know the Issue basha I use the colours always seem far too dark, and i reckon this would work quite well.

shelter-basha.jpg

I just checked they also make a bivi bag and a poncho liner (tropical weight sleeping bag)

Here's the link:
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...v=/images?q=multicam+shelter&gbv=2&hl=en&sa=G

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Blimey.
They do look good. I do like Multicam. Mind you, I am a right cam-*****.
No.
I will be strong.
No.
I will not buy one.
NO.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
If they ever make one big enough for hammocking I'd have one. I even thought about buying some material from the States a while back and having one made, but the cost of the fabric, tape, manufacture, postage etc would have been extortionate so I abandoned the idea. Looks good though.

Cheers, Michael.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
If they ever make one big enough for hammocking I'd have one.
;) buy 2 and stitch or popper them together,

aw:confused: I just saw the Swedish camo one!:cool: i want that one too! just cos it's wierd looking too green though! what to choose? what to choose?:(
they've gone a bit OTT with the camo, I'm not sure they'd even get issued that much camo gear!;)

Swedish camo
tarp_2.JPG

Danish camo:
http://www.gearbroker.net/i//tarp_3.JPG

German Flecktarn camo
http://www.gearbroker.net/i//German_flecktarn_basha_tarp.JPG

German Wüstentarn camo (desert)
IMG_0981.jpg

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
For some reason, Swedish camo always looks a lot brighter in photos and on tv than it does in real life. I always thought that it looked a bit too bright, but I've since seen Swedish soldiers wearing it and it's much more subdued than it appears.

This is on my wish list in Swedish camo...
1824.jpg

0482.jpg

Edit..another pic from big_swedes' Wiki link below..
800px-Stridsbåt_90.jpg

One pulled up right next to me at the boat petrol station when I was in Sweden over the summer. The soldiers just topped up with about £5,000 of fuel, and bought a few ice creams.
Really cool jet powered boats, and you can buy them second hand, but don't fancy the fuel bills! (Or the environmental consequences!)

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
This is on my wish list in Swedish camo...
1824.jpg

0482.jpg

One pulled up right next to me at the boat petrol station when I was in Sweden over the summer. The soldiers just topped up with about £5,000 of fuel, and bought a few ice creams.
Really cool jet powered boats, and you can buy them second hand, but don't fancy the fuel bills! (Or the environmental consequences!)

I have been transported in one. They are awesome, they top somewhere over 40 knots.

And the m90-tarp pic is just wrong. No swedish squaddies gets equipped with hooded jackets, and our tarps are just plain green, not even olive, just a really plain green. And the PLCE pouch backpack doesn't exist among the official gear.

EDIT: their topspeed is almost 40 knots according to wikipedia, hmm, must have been something wrong with the one I was in.. :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_Boat_90

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
ah multicam, in the airsoft world all the "geado's" got kitted out with everything down to multicam undies when it came out.
it does in fact work pretty well in most terrains, good stuff. i'm glad to see they don't do Acupat ones tho.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
i'm glad to see they don't do Acupat ones tho.

that company doesn't but i have seen them! someone makes an ACU poncho :lmao:which I think technically can be called a tarp shelter!

even in the TA we were taught to hide thelightness of our skin with camo paint because it sticks out against foliage, the ACU camo pattern is alot lighter than skin!
acuponcho.jpg

watch how ACU disappears into the background:lmao:
Ecotat-TMP-ACU300web.jpg

Oct 30, 2012
United Kingdom
Try these,

http://www.bushcraftoutfitters.com/BCUSA-Tarps_c23.htm

I emailed a nice bloke called Guy who was very helpful. they are also making a 10 x 7 UL tarp approx 80 dollars.

If they ever make one big enough for hammocking I'd have one. I even thought about buying some material from the States a while back and having one made, but the cost of the fabric, tape, manufacture, postage etc would have been extortionate so I abandoned the idea. Looks good though.

Cheers, Michael.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE