Multi Purpose Mat

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

BumblingAlong

Forager
Jun 20, 2021
137
70
53
Winchester
Looking for a closed cell foam mat that can be folded to use as a sit or sleeping mat similar to a German sleeping mat but a bit softer and lighter. Any ideas
 
I use the foam back padding in my fjallraven pack as a sit pad. Very lightweight. Other packs may have something similar in them.....

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
 
I can highly recommend the Nemo Switchback. Some reviewers say it's better than the Thermarest Z-Lite. I took mine to every camp until one day trekking through thick brush with it tied outside my pack when I turned around and it was gone, gutted. It has an R value of 2 which I think is great for a non inflatable pad. It was also extremely comfortable to sit on.

Not cheap but you get what you pay for as they say. I bought a clone Chinese one that looks similar for £13 after loosing mine but it's nowhere near as good.

 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE