MSR Pocket Rocket Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
After seeing them (or similar, can't remember exactly which make etc) in use at the weekend, been looking at the MSR Pocket Rocket Stove. Any one got any thoughts about them? Quality? Worth the money? Don't want to spend more than £25

Cheers

Dave

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Hey Dave, when i still used gas, that was my stove of choice, good little sturdy stove with not too much weight and not too much to go wrong with it.

I would say its well worth the money, i had mine for about 3 years no problems with it and then passed it on to a mate and hes still using it. Not to sure how much they are going for nowdays.

Col

I bought one of these recently from Ebay and got it for £22 or so including postage then found an almost identical one, but a different make, which was about half the price of the MSR. I started a thread here so maybe take a look and see what you think. Here's a link to an eBay site shipping from Hong Kong which has identical looking MSRs but for much less.

I've now used my MSR a few times and can't fault it so far.

Gibbo.

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
This is my stove of choice and it's fantastic.

I used to use an MSR Dragonfly but it was a bit bulky for my needs.

I now use an 16cm billy can which will fit in a gas canister and the pocket rocket. It boils water just as fast and is nicely controllable.

I can't think of a better stove

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
just be careful, when on full, with viscous items.... it will just create a carbon layer on the inside of the pan if not careful as the flame is so centralized! still 100% my gas stove of choice!

Thoth

Nomad
Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
I've been using one for a few years with no real grumbles. It is one of the taller canister top models so you do need to be careful that it is nice and stable on level ground etc.

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
I've been using one for a few years with no real grumbles. It is one of the taller canister top models so you do need to be careful that it is nice and stable on level ground etc.

para chord loop, put it over the canister, twist it once on either side and peg it. will hold it steady as a rock!

satosato

Forager
May 29, 2009
London
Been using mine for a few years now, never failed. Now I have the jetboil and reactor, still carry the Rocket as back up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE