MRS Fundraising via online shopping

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
I was perusing webcams on the Ogwen Valley mountain rescue and noticed they are members of the easy fundraising organisation

lots of high street shops will make a donation to the Mountain Rescue team of up to 2.5% of your shopping value. I figure with xmas coming i may as well make a few bob for them from my online shopping.

there is a link on their homepage under the ways you can help us section

http://www.ogwen-rescue.org.uk/

im sure there will be others local to you who may be in the scheme too.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Paul,

Good on yer for supporting your MRT lot by posting this up, though the title confused me the first few times I read over it. I thought that your Wife/Mrs was fundraising by shopping online.:) My bad.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Hi Paul,

Good on yer for supporting your MRT lot by posting this up, though the title confused me the first few times I read over it. I thought that your Wife/Mrs was fundraising by shopping online.:) My bad.

Mate i could do with one of my own to cover mrs thrills shopping habit lol. Yea i can see why it might have confused lol. I shop a lot online as thats usually where the best deal is so its no hardship to click through and raise a few bob for a good cause. You never know, i might have to call them out one day!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Mate i could do with one of my own to cover mrs thrills shopping habit lol. Yea i can see why it might have confused lol. I shop a lot online as thats usually where the best deal is so its no hardship to click through and raise a few bob for a good cause. You never know, i might have to call them out one day!
Totally with you there, the charities I support without hesitation are MRT's, Lifeboat & Help For Hero's. On the hopeful understanding that I never need to call on them. :eek:

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Blimey.

I was in tears last night - I'm really quite surprised. Talking about mountain rescue teams prompted me to look around at the Edale MRT stuff on the internet as I haven't before.

I had a look because on 3rd May 1999, I took a fall while rock climbing, broke my back and spent 7 weeks in hospital. It was the Edale MRT that got me from the crag to the road and into an ambulance.

I've had back pain of varying degrees everyday since so it's not like it's something that has been forgotten about but actually looking at stuff and finding the old report on their website just made me get quite emotional about it. Surprising.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE